Post your Moon Shots

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
@singlerosa

Jim, interesting composition/idea. Hope you don't mind a comment on this. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but the moon is too sharp or too bright maybe to fit with your portrait. Like I said, I do like the idea. Interesting.

Now, tell me it is not two shots put together and I will really feel bad. :shame:

singlerosa_RIP

@singlerosa

Jim, interesting composition/idea. Hope you don't mind a comment on this. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but the moon is too sharp or too bright maybe to fit with your portrait. Like I said, I do like the idea. Interesting.

Now, tell me it is not two shots put together and I will really feel bad. :shame:

I agree that it's not quite right. It was just a goof that I thought I'd share. Me messing with layers in PS. ;)

robstopper

My first attempt at lunar shooting tonight. Sky wasn't fully dark, so not ideal I guess, but I don't think these are too bad for a first go?
DSC_0234 (2).jpg
DSC_0242 (2).jpg
DSC_0247 (2).JPG

RobV

^ It is amazing what a good tripod will do for these.
That and I sold my 500 reflex, so now I am "forced" to use my Nikon AF NIKKOR 300mm f/4 1987-2000, which on my camera is MF.
BUT! I landed a job today after a layoff 8 months ago, so I can finally get that ML-L3 to make this even easier! :D
[h=1][/h]

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
That and I sold my 500 reflex, so now I am "forced" to use my Nikon AF NIKKOR 300mm f/4 1987-2000, which on my camera is MF.
BUT! I landed a job today after a layoff 8 months ago, so I can finally get that ML-L3 to make this even easier! :D

Good luck with your new job RobV.

Danno

[h=1][/h]
Congratulations on your new job Rob! That is great news!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

brads

We have a 'waxing crescent' in Melbourne Australia, tonight. Very little cloud. This was with the Tamron 150-600mm and my D7200. Cropped and sharpened.

720_1641.jpg

RobV

Cold weather sure makes astro easier.
I have been watching the moon the last few nights, but it is very warm and humid where I am right now. I almost got the tele & tripod out last night, but I knew the results would be less than mediocre.