What hobbies do you have

Krs_2007

Gawd I miss beekeeping... *sigh*

Thats funny, I passed a field the other day after taking some portrait shots and noticed the sign up on the fence. Something like "Beekeeping 101" and I thought that sounds like fun, then I remembered all the times I got stung and kept driving....Kidding. They did have a class and and wish I would have known, always been interested in the process.

I have replaced sugar with local honey, that stuff is like crack, well at my age I should say like Nikon.

Krs_2007

I combine my photography with birding although I am an amateur at both. I also help my son collect PEZ. He moved out 10 years ago but we still keep it at our house as he has no room for it (we have over 2000 ) in his 2 bedroom apt. We go to PEZ Convention (yes they do exist) with him every year and have even been to the PEZ factory in CT.

Does eating, watching the History Channel and sleeping count. I am an PRO at all of those.

Thats awesome Alan.

realuvsdolphins

My daughter keeps me busy. But I'm getting into photography more seriously then what I was before, love a good workout, music, drinking, shooting my gun, reading, crocheting, and of course shopping!! :)

weebee

I combine my photography with birding although I am an amateur at both. I also help my son collect PEZ. He moved out 10 years ago but we still keep it at our house as he has no room for it (we have over 2000 ) in his 2 bedroom apt. We go to PEZ Convention (yes they do exist) with him every year and have even been to the PEZ factory in CT.

Does eating, watching the History Channel and sleeping count. I am a PRO at all of those.

View attachment 131178

That is a awesome set up, love it!

Alan

Thanks @Krs_2007 and @weebee . Forgot to mention I also dabble in Woodworking. I made these display racks...More PEZ dispensers.

DSCN9647.jpg

weebee

I used to dabble in wood working. I was never very good though. My step dad was a artist with wood. It takes talent that can't be forced. Your work shows the talent I never had. Bravo!

Alan

I used to dabble in wood working. I was never very good though. My step dad was a artist with wood. It takes talent that can't be forced. Your work shows the talent I never had. Bravo!

Thanks. BTW the big PEZ cabinet was made by my Father in law. There was a man with sawdust in his blood.

PapaST

I try not to drag my knee like PicNewb but I come close sometimes. I enjoy cycling, backpacking, a little running and oh yeah, photography.

bridge 3.jpg

snow pic 3.1.jpg

YOT

Hunting, fishing, MUCH target shooting, bird watching, cooking, and wood working. These were a couple of my projects...

DT10.jpg

P1040508.jpg

I used to have many more hobbies, but arthritis is slowing me way down.

Sandpatch

... geocaching is a sort of high-tech treasure hunt ...

Years ago in a remote area of Kentucky I was setting up for a railroad photo (my primary hobby is trains) and I was bewildered to spot a small cast white angel perhaps 6" tall sitting on a rock ledge in an impossible-to-access location. I've long assumed that it was the result of geocaching, but heaven knows how it was placed there!

RON_RIP

If I could say anything was a hobby, it would be woodturning. i seldom turn for money now but turn simply for my own amusement. It use to be the hobby of high placed gentlemen in the 17th and 18th century. One notable was Peter the Great of Russia who was said to turn wood as a way to reduce stress. Imagine having a piece that he actually turned.

richnmib

For me it has always been fishing first and cycling second. I love riding my Kona cross bike. I have a small collection of M1 Garands that I cherish and they shoot real nice. I like to shoot and reload for all the calibers I do shoot. I also love photography and photographing my family whenever I can.

Englischdude

depends on the time of year:

Spring: Skiing, walking, piano
Summer: Motorcycling, Swimming, hiking, piano
Autumn: Motorcycling, hiking, piano
Winter: Eating, drinking, sleeping, shovelling snow, piano, skiing

I have two daughters, they are now 6 and 3. The 3 year old will be going into the skischool this friday for a week, after which Ill be able to ski with them both up until about the end of April. ;)
Cant wait to be able to take my oldest daughter to school on my motorcycle, a restored Yamaha SR500 1979. In austria the kids have to be minimum 10 years old and be able to reach the pegs in order to be able to legally ride as a pillion passenger.

Nice thread! gives me a chance to learn a little more about the people here with whom I already have pretty regular contact!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I like to read...a little chess...photography, babysitting the grandkids, the Internet, walking, and traveling. That about takes up my time. Open to suggestions though!

Oops....I live on a golf course so I better add golfing!

Last edited:

Eyelight

depends on the time of year:

Spring: Skiing, walking, piano
Summer: Motorcycling, Swimming, hiking, piano
Autumn: Motorcycling, hiking, piano
Winter: Eating, drinking, sleeping, shovelling snow, piano, skiing

I have two daughters, they are now 6 and 3. The 3 year old will be going into the skischool this friday for a week, after which Ill be able to ski with them both up until about the end of April. ;)
Cant wait to be able to take my oldest daughter to school on my motorcycle, a restored Yamaha SR500 1979. In austria the kids have to be minimum 10 years old and be able to reach the pegs in order to be able to legally ride as a pillion passenger.

Nice thread! gives me a chance to learn a little more about the people here with whom I already have pretty regular contact!

I notice piano is at the end of every list, but it nudges out skiing in the spring. I suppose after all that snow shoveling, you can move the piano key fingers easier than the ski legs.:D

The things I do that folks tag as hobbies would be photography, hiking, backpacking, photography, reading, website fiddling, photography, but they just seem like life to me.

I also have a motorhome and another word for motorhome is hobby (similar to boat or swimming pool), so I suppose we can count that too.

davebike

Motorcycling is no1 Hobby and Business
Yes I turned my hobby in to a business and still enjoy it
Read a lot mostly on Kindle these days SiFi is the main but not only
Used to do a lot of fishing but not recently when fly fishing tied my own