Pets/"Petography" Thread!

Breadcrust

orioles at sarasota 373.jpg

J-see

It won't be long to wait. Nice shot.

The D750 sure makes a difference at high ISO. I've been shooting a couple at 12k and even those are pretty decent. Tomorrow I'll really put it to the test. It's gonna make a difference for macro too. What I lose to the FX format, I'll gain by having more stops to invest in shutter. I first wanted the 810 but after reading some tests, apparently the 750 does better in the higher ISO range.

Too bad the shutter is pretty noisy compared to the 3300.

J-see

I went for the D810 - its not let me down.
But can't wait to see what you can do with the D750 in your hands.

The quality of the D810 is superb from what I read but we've come at a point we almost have to start pixel-peeping to see that difference. If we'd remove all EXIF data, it's getting pretty hard these days to guess which cam took what shot. It's only in the extremes the one shines some more than the other. I had to make a decision between both and the money burning in my pocket while the 750 was smiling right there in front of me while the 810 had to be ordered did somewhat balance it in its favor.

J-see

The LR problem has been solved. Adobe labs has the 8.7 beta of the DNG converter. I use that to convert the D750 NEF files to DNG and then import them in LR.

wornish

The quality of the D810 is superb from what I read but we've come at a point we almost have to start pixel-peeping to see that difference. If we'd remove all EXIF data, it's getting pretty hard these days to guess which cam took what shot. It's only in the extremes the one shines some more than the other. I had to make a decision between both and the money burning in my pocket while the 750 was smiling right there in front of me while the 810 had to be ordered did somewhat balance it in its favor.

Understand. I am guilty of pixel peeping and couldn't resist.

That said its what is 5 -10 cm behind the viewfinder that matters.

J-see

Understand. I am guilty of pixel peeping and couldn't resist.

That said its what is 5 -10 cm behind the viewfinder that matters.

I'm a pixel peeper myself. It's hard to not see the weakness and strength of a cam when you're manually adjusting the shot at 100%. I've thrown out maybe 70% of my bird shots today. They looked great until I cropped and was confronted with the 100% reality. Higher than ISO 400, the D3300 really suffered in the darker areas. That much there was too much detail lost. I just looked at a 10k ISO shot of the D750 and it had as much noise in the dark areas as my 3300 at 800. In the lighter areas it hardly suffered.