Weekly Challenge June 1 - June 6: Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike150

I can see why it takes you so long to "do the dishes!"

I want to see you dry and put them away!

Pete

Washing the dishes is the easy part. All it takes is Scrub brush, a hose, and a ladder truck from the local Fire Department. Drying is the hard part. Long extension cords, and a hair dryer.

KWJams

After dinner last evening, the wife and I decided to go up on the rimrocks above town to watch for the coming storm and maybe get some pictures.

This shot was taken looking west at the south east leading edge of the storm and shows a small funnel cloud (small from this distance) was starting to form. It would form up and start dropping and then recede right back up into the cell. That cell was above Larurel, Montana where a tornado did touch down and then went in a north easterly direction skirting the north end of town where we live.
Luckily there was not much damage reported except near Molt, Mt where a grain bin was destroyed. I was near Molt, Mt the day before where I took the silhouette of grain silo's posted in my 365 thread.

Here is the local news channel's video coverage of the same cell --> KTVQ News

Coming Storm (Small).jpg

ohkphoto

Snow White
I'm not sure the "sky" will be doing much more that what I got yesterday. So here's my entry WITH LOTS OF TIME TO SPARE! :p;):cool:

_DSC0102And7more_tonemapped-Edit.jpg

AxeMan - Rick S.

Think I'm going to be this weeks hold out. Mother Nature is not working with me here with what I want to do, as a matter of fact she been against me all year so far. Looks like I got to start working on plan "B", wait that is not working out either. Ok, on to plan "C". BTW, Great shot everyone.

ohkphoto

Snow White
ALL RIGHT! WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HELENE?

Somebody call the FBI and see who this impostor is!

I miss OUR Helene! :(
LOL Pete! Occasionally, I like to pretend I'm turning over a new (fig) leaf! :cool::D:cool:

Jacqueline

Evening at the Brewery.jpg
This was a real learning experience. The sky refused to cooperate and become a point of interest, so I spent a lot of time thinking about negative space.

Sgt Preston

I'm new at this and your all skies are awesome so i twisted my a little and used my truck reflection to get my sky shots I entered two hope that is ok :)

Attachments

• Rearview Sky.jpeg
    Rearview Sky.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Tailgate Sky.jpeg
    Tailgate Sky.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 169

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This was a last minute effort and the sky did cooperate. Just before the storm.

sky challenge.jpg

AxeMan - Rick S.

DSC_9817.jpg

The Morning Brew

The Judge is taunting me on this one.

"Maybe some lightning, a sunset, or a tornado perhaps? Be careful, and show me something cool! "

Not going to happen in the next hour for me, been holding out all week for this, SO CLOSE!

<From my tracking Program>

Capture.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.