Post Your Bridges HERE

singlerosa_RIP

Alton, IL bridge shot on July 3rd. D600 w/ 24-70 2.8 @ ISO 100, f/16 , 3 sec. JFS_2580.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
This was taken in the late 1990's with an N90s so I don't have any EXIF data or settings used. It was only by coincidence that the two guys painting were there. This dock is immediately off a parking lot at either Princeton University or Princeton Seminary. The water might be called Carnegie Lake although I'm not 100% sure. I'd like to go back sometime during the fall when the leaves change and find a slightly different vantage point.

Princeton bridge low res.jpg

Sandpatch

CSX (former Clinchfield) bridge at Speers Ferry, VA with NS (former Southern) bridge below, taken March 1995. The trees have grown so tall and thick around the bridges that much of this view is obscured today. [Nikon 2020, 50mm Lens, Kodachrome]

SpeersFerryVA031195 - for upload.jpg

Sandpatch

Eastbound coal drag coming off the bridge at Maybeury, WV on the NS (former Norfolk & Western) Pocohantas Division. Lots of heavy bridges and heavy trains on this line. [Nikon N2020, 50mm Nikkor, Kodachrome]

1993-10-16 Maybeury WV - for upload.jpg

Sandpatch

Another eastbound coal drag, but this time on the heavy bridge at Bramwell, VA in October 1997. The train is actually moving away from us -- those are pushers on the rear end. [Nikon N2020, Nikkor 80-200mm, Kodachrome]

1997-10 Bramwell VA - for upload.jpg

Last edited:

Just-Clayton

DSC_3330 -1 (800x533).jpgThis bridge is being redone. They were going to tear it down. But, enough people donated to save it. It had been the main bridge from around 1910 to 1970's. It even stood up to the 72 flood here. They should have it completed by Nov.