Post Your Black and Whites Photos!!

Smornf

A few pics I took from the snow storm here in CT

DSCN0186_zps0fbe530c.jpg

DSCN0188_zps5b8212a7.jpg

Smornf

Here is one I took in color but adjusted it in GIMP, still learning how to change colors and enhance the photo so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BW2_zpse094b88f.jpg

STM

One of my favorite B&W photos, and one of the most technically challenging. I have shot this image with both my F2S and Hasselblad with Kodak T-Max 100 film. Of course the image quality and grain was superior with the Hasselblad, but the 35mm image holds its own pretty well up to 8x10. The range of Zones was extreme here, far in excess of what the film could handle with normal processing, and required the entire breadth of the Zone System to achieve the effect I desired.

16825312-lg.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Here are two that I just fished out of my last september trip to Malta:

_MCC8155.jpg

And more fashionably:

_MCC9205.jpg

STM

My first try at selective color.

selective_color_treefrog2_zps8a755ef4.jpg

The spot color treatment here is very effective. Our eyes are naturally drawn to color as opposed to black and white and so this is a very good way to focus just on the frog. If I can make a suggestion, the frog is rather small in this frame. I don't know how close you could get to it or what lens you had, but by cropping this image, either in the camera or in post processing, you focus much more on the main subject, the frog, rather than its surroundings.

spotcolorfrog_zpsd2eee0f5.jpg

RookieDSLR

Went out and shot some pics of an old shut down insane asylum here in Topeka, KS called Mennegers. Here is a black and white rendition. Thanks

Jeremy V

Mennigers B&W - Small.jpgMennigers Distance.jpg