Recent content by bluzman

  1. bluzman

    Upgrade to Nikon Z6 111 + Nikkor Z180-600V f5.6-6.3 VR lens + Z 1.4 teleconverter ?

    I can't speak to the use of the 150-600mm and teleconverter combo but I do own a Z6iii. I can say that it will lock on to BIFs and stationary birds even with a "slow" 28-400mm f/4-8 VR lens attached.
  2. bluzman

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Haven't seen any Monarchs in my corner of North Texas yet. They should be migrating through here on their way south about now.
  3. bluzman

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    There are so many of them. Many have similar colors and are often only identifiable by subtle differences in the spots.
  4. bluzman

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Great shots of a Painted Lady.
  5. bluzman

    What are you listening too right now....

    She is a favorite of mine too. It's funny how things are linked. She's married to Derek Trucks and they perform as part of the Tedeschi Trucks Band. His uncle, Butch Trucks, was a founding member of The Allman Brothers Band
  6. bluzman

    What are you listening too right now....

    Some blues on a rainy afternoon in North Texas. Statesboro Blues (Live At Fillmore East, March 12, 1971 - First Show)
  7. bluzman

    A D7200 after all this time

    The D500 and D7500 are (and continue to be) excellent cameras. They were my "go to" wildlife bodies for a very long time. That said, the Z6iii and Z50ii, both with all the features that come with the Xspeed 7 processor (especially subject recognition), made them superfluous IMO. As for the...
  8. bluzman

    Nose needs a little work.

    Wow! The size of those engines is amazing. FWIW, I own the same camera set-up. Your pix underscore the capability of D3300 plus kit lens combo.
  9. bluzman

    Post your favorite September 2026 shot(s)

    Juvenile Green Heron
  10. bluzman

    A D7200 after all this time

    Thanks to all for the comments. :)
  11. bluzman

    A D7200 after all this time

    I decided to see what the buzz is all about when it comes to the D7200. Lately, I've sold off all of my "late model" DX DSLRs (D7500, D500, D5600) and have acquired several USED, low shutter count, older models, both DX and FX. I bought a D3400, a D750 (again) and a D5300. I also was given a...
  12. bluzman

    Turtle sunning itself

  13. bluzman

    Post your Moths & Butterflies

    Gulf Fritillary Butterflies (Nikon D3300 & AF-S DX 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II lens)
  14. bluzman

    Post your dragonflies and bees/wasps

    Blue Damselfly Common Whitetail Dragonfly (F)
  15. bluzman

    D7000 Upgrade?

    I'm a wildlife shooter. I've owned both a D500 and D7500 but have replaced them with a Z6iii and Z50ii, respectively. Given your statement above, I'd say go for the D7500. Its burst rate (8 fps) is fast enough to handle action shooting. Meanwhile, it's a great all around camera.
Top