Recent content by BF Hammer

  1. BF Hammer

    Post your favorite September 2026 shot(s)

    I'm confident I won't top this photo by tomorrow.
  2. BF Hammer

    BF Hammer 2026: Me and my Zf

    9/29: Stopped for lunch at Horicon Marsh. No wildlife in the close-up sense and I am a bit crippled this month to walk out there. So some wide-angle of the nation's largest cattail marsh, or the small bit of it we can view at the southern end.
  3. BF Hammer

    Connecting SnapBridge app to Nikon Z5

    Nikon cameras won't send video in Bluetooth mode. You can only use Snapbridge as a simple remote control that way. This is why I think you are trying to do something impossible. In Wi-Fi mode your Z5 creates the wifi network that you join with the iPhone. That mode will send video data from...
  4. BF Hammer

    Connecting SnapBridge app to Nikon Z5

    I don't quite follow what your intended function is to be with Bluetooth. After you get a successful connection via Bluetooth, you petty much are limited to controlling the shutter-release and related functions. There is no photo transfers or LiveView available in app, certainly no way to change...
  5. BF Hammer

    Vote for Weekly Challenge Sept 16th - Sept 22nd "B&W Landscape"

    Congrats Woody! But wow, I thought I had a real contender here. 🤔
  6. BF Hammer

    Weekly Challenge Sept 23rd - Sept 29th "Toys"

    I actually have been extremely selective of which yo-yos and tops I threw into my studio light cube here.
  7. BF Hammer

    September 2026 Monthly Assignment: Yard Art

    @Robin W : When did you travel back in time and photograph my mother's back lawn? :D
  8. BF Hammer

    September 2026 Monthly Assignment: Yard Art

    In rural Wisconsin it is almost mandatory to decorate the front lawn with a bombed-out Ford. Here we have a GMC truck instead.
  9. BF Hammer

    Introducing the Z5IIC

    Even Jordan's review at Petapixel included all the footage of him bonking the camera to his face to use the missing viewfinder. 🤕
  10. BF Hammer

    Introducing the Z5IIC

    I know why marketing didn't do it, but let's be consistent in names. It should be Z3. Z30 is to Z50 as Z3 would be to Z5(II)
  11. BF Hammer

    Access to ports with 3 Legged Thing L-bracket

    The extension setup is strong enough. And if you are like most, you will be using landscape mode more. I do not have the Bluetooth remote to comment on. I have been using the Snapbridge app for my Zf since the port for the wired remote was omitted on that.
  12. BF Hammer

    BF Hammer 2026: Me and my Zf

    9-23: Hey there cattle, I'll make you famous! ;)
  13. BF Hammer

    Access to ports with 3 Legged Thing L-bracket

    It is best to stay away from the one-size-most type L-bracket and get one that locks in to your camera body with pins that stop twisting. I used Leofoto with great success on a D750, then tried 2 kinds for my previous Z5, and the 2nd one rarely was removed for 3 years. Here is the closest match...
  14. BF Hammer

    Z8 washed out colors on standard settings

    Download and install Adobe DNG Converter (it's free still, but you may need to google search to get a link). DNG converter has color profiles for most cameras and can be accessed directly, or you can copy them to your own easier to find folder. This article shows how to apply them in...
  15. BF Hammer

    Weekly Challenge Sept 16th - Sept 22nd "B&W Landscape"

    I took the right photo last week 5 hours before the challenge went live. Sent back to the same city today, I tried recreating and did a few other angles. D600 720nm infrared converted on the Lake Michigan shore at Kenosha, WI.
Top