Got a Z5 last week

ilan

Hi Everyone... Well, I am 29 years old and a newborn kid to this photography thing. Out of enthusiasm as a beginner, I bought this Z5 camera with Nikkor 50 mm 1.8g lens. thoughts, suggestions and expert guidance are needed. thanks

Last edited:

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard ilan, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

Best of luck with the new Nikkor Z5.

Clovishound

Welcome. I bought a Z5 last year. It's a great camera with a lot of capabilities. In fact, one of the down sides is there are so many different options it can be a bit daunting at first. A year later I am still discovering new to me things about the camera. The other down side is the lack of affordable telephoto lenses in the Z mount. Fortunately, FX mount lenses work very well with the FTZ adapter, although I would recommend getting a Z mount, if possible. What kind of photography are you interested in? Or is it too early in the game to tell.

BF Hammer

Welcome aboard! If you are truly that new, you have a solid starting kit. I would guess you would want some zoom lenses in time, but just trying things out with the 50mm and learning what interests you is a help for what focal length lenses you would want in time. Z5+50mm is not a bad way to go for street-style photography.

ilan

Welcome. I bought a Z5 last year. It's a great camera with a lot of capabilities. In fact, one of the down sides is there are so many different options it can be a bit daunting at first. A year later I am still discovering new to me things about the camera. The other down side is the lack of affordable telephoto lenses in the Z mount. Fortunately, FX mount lenses work very well with the FTZ adapter, although I would recommend getting a Z mount, if possible. What kind of photography are you interested in? Or is it too early in the game to tell.
thank you. so i m kind of interested in people and their smiles. so i m leaning more into that. also i m into nature... so kind of interested in everything, of course as a beginner i have to be like this and its natural you know right? haha

ilan

Welcome aboard! If you are truly that new, you have a solid starting kit. I would guess you would want some zoom lenses in time, but just trying things out with the 50mm and learning what interests you is a help for what focal length lenses you would want in time. Z5+50mm is not a bad way to go for street-style photography.
thank you. thanks for your input. as i said i was very new like i m learning the alphabet, it will take some time to discover what i love more and what exactly i m into. so when i tried some portraits i was very happy with the image quality that has been produced by this camera. i will share the photos in the due course and i wish you all would help me in doing better photography. thanks

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
thank you. thanks for your input. as i said i was very new like i m learning the alphabet, it will take some time to discover what i love more and what exactly i m into. so when i tried some portraits i was very happy with the image quality that has been produced by this camera. i will share the photos in the due course and i wish you all would help me in doing better photography. thanks
Why not start your own thread? You can keep track of your work and improvements.
https://nikonites.com/forum/forums/project-365-daily-photos.55/

Clovishound

thank you. so i m kind of interested in people and their smiles. so i m leaning more into that. also i m into nature... so kind of interested in everything, of course as a beginner i have to be like this and its natural you know right? haha
A warning, nature photography can be addictive. Next thing you know, you'll be getting up hours before dawn and driving to remote locations trying to get a shot of that special critter during the golden hour. You also run the risk of lusting after long lenses that are way beyond the ability of your wallet. The good news is that it's a fun ride.

ilan

A warning, nature photography can be addictive. Next thing you know, you'll be getting up hours before dawn and driving to remote locations trying to get a shot of that special critter during the golden hour. You also run the risk of lusting after long lenses that are way beyond the ability of your wallet. The good news is that it's a fun ride.
as a student (boring Ph.D. life) my wallet is always shrunken and this addiction or lust towards nature is good for mental wellbeing I guess... as of now I don't have any plans for bigger and extravagant lenses. so lets see how things goes...