Weekly Challenge DEC 28 - JAN 3: "Animal Magic"

Needa

Challenge Team
"Animal Magic" – KarendeBruyne's Choice

Post a photo of an animal, whether a pet, wild animal or inanimate object representing an animal.
Let's see how creative you can be! Color, B&W, HDR...anything goes!

DO NOT SHOOT OR POST IMAGES UNTIL WEDNESDAY DEC 28h.
This early announcement of the topic is to give a little think time, before the challenge begins. Photos must be taken and submitted between 00:00 UTC of the start date and 23:59 UTC of the end date.

The Rules

1. Any photo submitted for a monthly assignment must be taken using a Nikon Camera!

2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by YOU! Please type below the image Camera used, the time and date the photo was taken. This must be done even if the image contains Exif data.

3. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread.

4. Only one photo entry per member for each week, unless otherwise noted.

5. All regularly active members of Nikonites are allowed to participate, including moderators and administrators.

Voting

During the submission & like periods, please click the Thanks/Like button to vote for your favorite images. You can vote for as many as you want! At the end of the week, you will have the opportunity to vote again for the top 3 photos for this challenge!

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Photo Challenges, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited or straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Please note - Rule 2 changed.

RockyNH_RIP

Nikon 7100 Jan 1, 2023 @ 2:00pm
D73_3382.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Blaylock

The magic here, is in these two cats being so close together, and not fighting.

Allie, the Siamese cat, has been with us for eleven years. She's been an only cat nearly all of her life, and very much prefers it that way.

Buddy, the ginger cat, had been a stray around my apartment complex for a few years, and in early 2022, suddenly decided that he's my wife's and my cat.

He seems to want to be friends with Allie, but Allie usually wants nothing at all to do with him, and any attempt on his part to get anywhere near her or to interact with her in any way, nearly always results in a dramatic display of hostility from her.

It is quite unprecedented, that today, I found the two of them so near one another, so relaxed and peaceful, without Allie throwing a huge tantrum.

I tried to include the EXIF data in this post, as part of the text (surrounded by SPOILER tags) but they're almost the limit of text allowed in a message on this forum, so by the time I added any of my own text, I was over that limit. I converted them, instead, to a .PDF and included it as an attachment.

I would like to suggest that those who think they need to see or verify the EXIF data in posted images look into various available plugins for whatever browser you are using, to display these data. I've got two different such plugins in my Brave browser, and can verify that the EXIF data in images posted here remain intact and can be viewed via these plugins.

ZSC_5062-5065-DeNoiseAI-rawN.jpg

Attachments

• ZSC_5062-5065-DeNoiseAI-rawN.exif.pdf
    87 KB · Views: 158

Needa

Challenge Team
It shows up for me, @Needa. D810, December 30th, 22:41.
If we are accepting the entrys without the information being added even if it shows, we should let everyone know so they do not go through the trouble of adding it and also change the rule. Let me know.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
If we are accepting the entrys without the information being added even if it shows, we should let everyone know so they do not go through the trouble of adding it and also change the rule. Let me know.
Gotcha! I forgot about that. :)