Can't focus after firmware update

slowpoke

So I did the lovely firmware update,1.13 and now I have no auto focus on my two Sigma VR lenses.Once you install the update you can't go back to the 1.12 version.Guess I'll be selling two lenses.Next time I'll read the fine print.I also updated the D7100 and same thing. When will I learn.LOL

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
So I did the lovely firmware update,1.13 and now I have no auto focus on my two Sigma VR lenses.Once you install the update you can't go back to the 1.12 version.Guess I'll be selling two lenses.Next time I'll read the fine print.I also updated the D7100 and same thing. When will I learn.LOL

If they are older Sigma lenses that can't be connected to a dock, you can send them back to Sigma and have the firmware updated on them. Unfortunately that's what happens with Nikon firmware updates and some third party lenses. :(

RocketCowboy

I’ve taken to the line of thinking that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. It’s not like the DSLR is a connected device like my computer and in need of security patches. Upgrading just gives the opportunity for new problems to arise, so unless it fixes something it’s not worth the risk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
I’ve taken to the line of thinking that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. It’s not like the DSLR is a connected device like my computer and in need of security patches. Upgrading just gives the opportunity for new problems to arise, so unless it fixes something it’s not worth the risk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And it's one reason why I don't want to send my D750 in for the shutter recall. I really like my Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8, and no doubt there would be problems because Nikon automatically would update the D750 firmware.. The lens doesn't work properly in Live View, but I simply tolerate it.

slowpoke

So I broke down and bought a Nikon 70-200 F 2.8.It's shipping on Tue.What is done is done.Thanks all for the good thoughts.

slowpoke

Sent the Sigma to get updated,got it back today.Works great now and it took less than 2 weeks.VERY happy with Sigma Canada.:D