Marcel's 2017 photos, Nikon and Mirrorless.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
At last a quiet day at home, teasing the cat with the camera.

D72_0025.jpg

D72_0040.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice images, Marcel! I have a question on the first 2 photos since I am not familiar with the camera. EXIF says they were taken with a 14mm lens. How does that equate with an FX DSLR lens? I'm asking because they don't looked stretched on the sides like I customarily see with my Nikon 14mm.
14mm on APCS (read crop sensor) = 14 X 1.5= 21mm 35mm equivalent.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
14mm on APCS (read crop sensor) = 14 X 1.5= 21mm 35mm equivalent.

Thanks, Marcel. I need to use my wide angle lenses more. Since your lens is on a crop sensor camera, I'm guessing the normal stretched sides that I notice on FX are cropped off. I'm not familiar with the differences between mirrorless and DX so thanks for the info! :encouragement:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks, Marcel. I need to use my wide angle lenses more. Since your lens is on a crop sensor camera, I'm guessing the normal stretched sides that I notice on FX are cropped off. I'm not familiar with the differences between mirrorless and DX so thanks for the info! :encouragement:
Hi Cindy. My fuji's sensor is exactly DX. What's so nice about this lens is that it's a prime lens and it's almost distortion free. It's not as wide as my Sigma 10-20, but a lot lighter and sharper, specially in the corners. I still think that prime lenses do have an advantage even if we can correct the zoom's distortion in Post processing. But they don't zoom... :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This one comes from the other side. I won a tuque on our friendly "Cameras without mirrors" monthly challenge. So I did a self-portrait, wearing the tuque in question. But I did it with my D7200 just for the sake of confusion.

Tuque CWM.jpg

This other one was made right after from my balcony.

D72_0103.jpg

I shot a bit more afterwards, but haven't processed the shots yet. Have a great weekend.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
A few more shots from today's walkabout. Specially for our Window theme.

D72_0145.jpg

D72_0158n2.jpg

D72_0167.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I thought I'd use my today's shot to wish you all a very Happy New Year. May all of you cure the NAS by either getting all you want or just using and being thankful for all you already have.

D72_0287.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
These might or might not be my last shots for 2017. We went for a walk in freezing cold last night. The temperature was -18˚C (-4˚F). I had my Df out of my jacket the whole time and it kept going and going. No battery nor camera problem. The only thing was the darkness. A lot of shots at 12600 and a few at 6400. But a lot of fun with friends to end this year.

DSC_2133.jpg

DSC_2159.jpg

DSC_2161.jpg

DSC_2167.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice set of images, Marcel. I'm surprised you didn't get frostbite. Brrr....that's gotta be cold!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice set of images, Marcel. I'm surprised you didn't get frostbite. Brrr....that's gotta be cold!
We've learned to dress for the weather we have. It was actually OK. I was out for about 1 hour and didn't feel cold except for a bit when the wind blew and I was on a bridge above the river.