Marcel's 2016 occasional photos

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Congrats on accomplishing such a huge project! So why did you choose Apple Books for your printing? To be honest, I didn't even know they offered that type of service.
A local photographer showed me some of his printed work that he had done by apple and it was impressive. Plus it's very easy to do the layout.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Morning mist

N71_3116.jpg

N71_3117.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Straight out of camera jpeg with a 100% crop section. D810+Nikkor 35-70 2.8 in macro mode. This is an outstanding camera.

Rainy day.jpg

100% crop section.
Rainy day100%crop.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Not certain if this is a fruit or a vegetable but here it is anyway. I did two versions. One is the pinhole in the lens cap and the other taken with the 35-70 2.8, both taken on the D810.

MCA_3397sténopé.jpg

MCA_3387.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I went to a local scrap yard to do some close-ups of rust and stuff for my abstract Facebook group. I guess I looked at the right place because I think I got some great images. Abstract content only.

rust-4.jpg

rust-7.jpg

rust-8.jpg

rust-9.jpg

rust-13.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
December already. As I went to my local bakery where I get my no fat no sugar bread, I saw this X-mas decor outside. So, since I had my camera with me, I grabbed this shot. Came home and thought this was a perfect subject for the infamous "Oil Paint" filter. I kind of like the resulting image. It would make for a perfect X-mas card.

MCA_3542.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
When looked at very close range, snow is very nice. It's just when there is too much of it that it becomes a problem.

MCA_3623.jpg

MCA_3629.jpg

MCA_3654.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice set of the dreaded 4-letter word, Marcel! ;) You know, I seldom take my 105mm lens with me since I tend to keep my load light with only 2 lenses. I must pull mine out and use it more often.