Nikon 70-200 2.8

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Where was the middle picture taken Glen? Looks like a large lake in the background, I might have been there before.

The park is just right across the Navy Base in Yokosuka, Japan near the train station.

Here are some more super sharp images using the Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VRII.

29Oct11_9891.jpg

29Oct11_9371.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks Glenn, the D700 and 70-200 VR II is just a splendid combination. It is "sharp" and more.

Will V|Photography

What are kidneys going for these days? I want... nay, need this lens.

*edit: Any thoughts on the Sigma 70-200 2.8? There is one for sale at B&H but I don't know if it'll work on my D3100. I've been looking around but can't find a definitive answer.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Save your money and only buy it once… The Nikon one. If you want it badly enough, you'll find the funds.

Will V|Photography

Save your money and only buy it once… The Nikon one. If you want it badly enough, you'll find the funds.

Easier to say than do. I found the Sigma used for ~$600. The Nikkor is $2.5k new and I can't find a used one under $1.8k, which I can not make happen no matter how hard I try. This is why I asked. I'd love to stay all Nikkor but unfortunately I don't have the funds or the expense account to allow that.

I've read reviews and seen shots from the lens and I have to say, it doesn't seem that bad considering the price.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Since I was bored, I took this shot and see how good I can use it hand-held without flash and tripod.

Holiday decor @150mm, f3.2, 1/40, ISO 800

700_4295.jpg

Bukitimah

I would be the happiest guy if I could afford the nikon 70-200 f2.8. A pre-owned still cost more than USD 1k.

What is the next best to match that fast lens? I am happy but not happy with my nikon 70-300.

Ranie

I would be the happiest guy if I could afford the nikon 70-200 f2.8. A pre-owned still cost more than USD 1k.

What is the next best to match that fast lens? I am happy but not happy with my nikon 70-300.

If you can find the 80-200 F2.8
Its cheaper than the 70-200 and some swear it can hold its owns over the 70-200

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Really glad to see you back here Chris. I hope life is good for you. Welcome back and keep coming. :)
Best wishes for you and your family for this new year.

Marcel