Your Best D3100 Photos

PickledOnion

LOVE the Truck and the vintage feel. I'm no pro, but if this is beginner stuff I'd say you've got a leg-up.
Thank you so much! My lens is now broken though - someone threw it a couple of nights ago and my D3100 landed on the lens (I think) so now every time I turn my cam on and off, I hear mechanical clicking sounds. :/ But it still works but I'm not sure for how long. Here's a picture I took earlier to test if my camera was still working:
ABMMEX2.jpg

The_Meridian

Yikes, sorry to hear about the damage. Mine isn't exactly right either...won't go into Live Mode (Error: Press Shutter release again) so no movies for me. Looks like the pic came out well though.

Nikonitron

Found this site by searching some detailed questions about my camera in google. Seems like a good community so I'm signing up.

Lots of great photos here. Happy to see others are proud of their D3100 work and can capture some great images. I am brand new to photography, just started about 5 months ago by taking a course at my university, so I picked up a low price dslr option, the 3100. Fell in love with the art and enjoy this new hobby. Here is some of my stuff.

Cayucos_Beach_Jul14.jpg
Harmony_Headlands_Jul14.jpg
WWBees_Jun14 copy.jpg
GG Bridge_Apr14.jpg
Bay_Bridge_Jun14-2.jpg
Milky_Way_Auberry2 copy.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Found this site by searching some detailed questions about my camera in google. Seems like a good community so I'm signing up.

Lots of great photos here. Happy to see others are proud of their D3100 work and can capture some great images. I am brand new to photography, just started about 5 months ago by taking a course at my university, so I picked up a low price dslr option, the 3100. Fell in love with the art and enjoy this new hobby. Here is some of my stuff.

View attachment 105253
View attachment 105255
View attachment 105259
View attachment 105254
View attachment 105250
View attachment 105258

Welcome! Nice photos.

You might like to introduce yourself here -
http://nikonites.com/new-member-introductions/#axzz39T6vl9JH

WeeHector

This thread just goes to prove that a great photographer can take a great photo with any camera. Not that the D3100 isn't a great camera. It is utterly amazing and I am a proud owner of one. Brilliant shots, everyone, Here is my own pathetic effort. A little Zebra Spider.

Salticus scenicus 4.jpg

Jerhyer

HOLY CRAP!!!! I have a bad fear of spiders and I open the attachment for your post through my email. That scared the bejsesus outte me LOL.
Great shot.

Teamfour

wfall1.jpgwfall2.jpg

These are a couple that I shot in West Virginia. These were shot without a tripod or ND filter. Now I have a Manfrotto and a Hoya ND400, so I hope to improve my waterfall photos.

Jerhyer

Couple shots from the Thunder at Depot Park car show in Rio Linda CA. I might be a little heavy handed with the contrast but I like the way it looks!
Thunderatdepotpark (1 of 1).jpgThunderatdepotpark (1 of 1)-2.jpgThunderatdepotpark-1.jpg