WreckDiver1321's Daily Photos - Attempt 2!

wreckdiver1321

Rented a 24-70mm f/2.8 for tonight's show. Good lord this is one serious lens. If I threw it at someone, it might​ kill them. Hopefully I get some good shots, we shall see.

wreckdiver1321

So, last Wednesday I had the pleasure of doing some concert shooting. The singer in a local band is a close family friend, so I was able to get in for free and really push my D3100 as far as it can go. I rented a Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 just for this show. Even at 2.8, the light was so bad that I spent most of the night shooting at 1600 ISO (the 3100 HATES 3200 ISO!) and between 1/40-1/50. I used a bit of fill flash in a few spots, bust mostly it was just ambient light.

wreckdiver1321

For the longest time, I have been seriously eyeing up getting myself a D7100. They are a great camera that is extremely capable, work pretty well in low light, and have great image quality. However, I have been looking to take my photography to another level recently. I love the specs of the D7100, but I would really like some better low light performance. That means I am now looking to go full frame. Aside from the improved high ISO performance, there is just something really alluring about making the switch to FX format. Plus, I'm only about $200 into DX glass. I don't think there is any better time for me to make the switch. Also, later on down the line, I will be well invested into very high quality FX glass that I can use on future bodies. All of this means that I am pretty sold on the D610. I am going to rent one for a day just to make sure, but from what I have read and researched, it seems like a great camera, especially when paired with good lenses.

wreckdiver1321

The next day, we went out on a boating trip, where I got some nice action shots of my brother water skiing. This is a tough thing to do when you're on a less than smooth lake with a non VR lens completely zoomed in, but I think I managed fairly well.

This one is my absolute favorite by far.

wreckdiver1321

More street photography!

I hit the local farmer's market on Saturday to do some street shots, and I came out with some cool stuff. A note on settings: usually when I do street shooting, I am in A mode, at 100-200 ISO (on sunny days), with the 35mm f/1.8 at 2.8. I usually move my focus point around depending on subjects, and normally I have it in spot metering, but I forgot to change the metering mode this time, which led to some bad exposures.

wreckdiver1321

Now posting in full res to show EXIF data! On my computer at least, the site automatically resizes the pics. Let me know if it doesn't work for everyone.

More walkabout shooting around the house...

wreckdiver1321

Spent more time walking around town recently.

14809170228_fc97d2cb22_o.jpg

wreckdiver1321

Just a couple quick grabs today. I saw an interesting angle of my fiancee getting ready. I'm not totally happy with the shot, but it's a step in a good direction.

And grabbed this one when I was walking downtown.