Where did you get that name!!!

Canadia-Nikon

Mine is simply a play on two words. Canadian Icon. (Icon meaning a person or thing regarded as a representative symbol of something).

I am a proud Canadian, and a dedicated Nikon user.

Nikon, or in this case "nicon", just fit in the middle and made for a natural pun. :eek:

ABN Panzer

I took a variation of my current job as a Paratrooper in the 82[SUP]nd[/SUP] ABN Division and am also an Armored Reconnaissance(Cavalry) guy.
ABN: The abbreviation for Airborne

Panzer: Took theGerman translation for Tank or Armor.

Last edited:

Blyro

Banned
What does your nickname means?

I'd like to play in the game where everyone tries to explain what their nickname means and why did you take it. I'll begin. I chose Blyro really randomly. I was wondering for an interesting nickname and found some generator in the web. After a few attempts it gave me that nickname.

jay_dean

Re: What does your nickname means?

After long deliberations chairing high powered executive meetings and paying an advertising company eye-wateringly extortionate amounts, I settled on my actual name....just to be different!;)

tea2085

tea2085 is the model of my beloved Ferguson tractor-a beauty made in 1954. I gave the tractor to my son after I sold my 50 acre plot of land. I still miss her after almost 10 years. Paul

Fortkentdad

Short version: I live in Fort Kent (in Canada not Maine) and I'm a Dad.

Little Longer: My kids went away to college when the Internet was being invented ... they called me one day to explain this new inter-web information highway fad that I was sure would pass. But they said I needed a "handle" to get on that e-highway to happiness. I said, well just call me "Dad" - well even in those early days "Dad" was already taken. I think this was on AOL but maybe not. Anyway we added Fort Kent preface and that name was available. ... and it stuck.

On a few places on line I do go by FKD - but mostly if you see fortkentdad - that will be me.

I'd like to play in the game where everyone tries to explain what their nickname means and why did you take it. I'll begin. I chose Blyro really randomly. I was wondering for an interesting nickname and found some generator in the web. After a few attempts it gave me that nickname.

You picked this name after I banned you using the other two names you picked. Now just don't come back trying to advertise that bad photo retouching/finishing site.

RobV

My first name and last initial, which is Valdez. Dad was born in Laredo, TX and raised in San Antonio.

A "handle" I adopted around 2000 was "tomfarr". That is my late brother's first and middle names. A gentle giant taken from us before the age of 40 by exposure to Agent Orange.
I use it mostly for my email and private logons, rather than social media sites.
On one motorcycle forum, I was watching some Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe for the first time, and "don'tpanic" popped out at me when I was registering.

RobV

Remember CompuServe? Before AOL bought them out?
I think we used CompuServe for telecommunications in the Eighties in the data center I worked. We were a retail company, and we would dial-up each store to get their sales for the day.

RocketCowboy

I think we used CompuServe for telecommunications in the Eighties in the data center I worked. We were a retail company, and we would dial-up each store to get their sales for the day.

Sounds about right. We had some slow modem banks for dial-up, but also had X.25 deployed where we needed faster speeds (back with 56K was expense leased circuits, not dial-up modem speeds).

singlerosa_RIP

My last name is Singler. When we moved into our current home about 25 years ago, a buddy nicknamed it the "Singlerosa" after the TV show Bonanza's Ponderosa. Since then, I've used singlerosa for email, corporate names (not DBAs) and logins.

singlerosa1.JPG