Where did you get that name!!!

mikew_RIP

Interesting read,I do think though its better if those with made up handles included there real name in there signature,sort of breaks the ice for new members.

Mark F

I'm an avid old car fan and have a small collection. In addition to a 1965 Ford 289-4V Ranchero, I own 2 American Motors Corporation (AMC) Javelin AMX's (4 seater). I previously owned a 1969 AMC AMX, and plan on adding a 1970 AMX to my collection. Although not show quality now, they will be someday.

My user name is partly derived from Dick Teague's name, who IMO was AMC's greatest design chief. He is responsible for producing the only muscle cars AMC ever made, the Javelin, AMX and Javelin/AMX, hence I created the name teagueAMX in honor of Dick Teague.

FWIW.

I always wanted a AMC Gremlin... High top tennis shoe what we called it back then... but with a beefed up motor and M60 tires. AMC was a car before its time...

snaphappy

When I signed up here 11mnths ago thats what I was and to be honest I still am :) I missed the technology generation by only a couple years but I'm not internet savvy and probably overly cautious. I'm not a pro and not interested in advertising my name so I stick with Snaphappy for public forum but if you've interacted with me on PM well then you know my name. It's not terribly popular name (never met another with my name until in my 20's) but there is a new canadian singer and a very well known tennis player that share my name...

Pretty easy for me, I ranch...Rancher. I'm known by rancher in a number of places around the internet. I can be googled in real life as Dave Neukirch.

I also remember another thread a while back like this.

Macmagoo

This name came from my wife. For too many years now I have used a mac. My wife calls me magoo because it sounds a bit like my surname hence the macmagoo.

Deezey

Mine is easy. Given to me by some drinking buddies. Apparently they couldn't remember Doug when we would all get drunk together.

Jonathan

"Jonathan": "J" for juniper, "on" for online, "a" for aphid, "th" for my lisp, "an" for if you believe this, you'll believe anything!

BackdoorArts

It's from a Monty Python sketch.

And here I resisted the urge to say, "Don't be such a ..."

;)

As was mentioned, we've been through this a while ago, but I'll retell. Back when I had much longer hair I was given a sign much like this one...

th

I'm also a musician, and at one point I had this stuff I recorded by myself and wanted a name to file it under, so I used "The Backdoor Hippie" (for the ultra-curious, the title was "Hard Of Herring"). I've since used it anytime I've needed/wanted a pseudonym. I've had others in the past, but this is by far the most publishable. :)

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

RockyNH is a derivative of an "old" CB Handle ... back in the 80's

Went by Wrangler, local and when the "skip" rolled I used Renegade Cowboy and/or Rocky.. being the shorter that stuck. Some folks back in Michigan still to this day call me Rocky!

When signing into various internet locales and forums, Rocky was often taken (suspect a result of Rocky Balboa - though mine was Rocky Raccoon)

I started tacking the NH for New Hampshire on the end and as time went on, RockyNH was all I ever used.

I do sign my posts as Pat in NH as I do on all forums...

Have a great day ...

Pat in NH

Scott Murray

Well when I first signed up here I was muzza22au, I then changed to my real name as thought it more appropriate for such a forum. I still use muzza22au in other forums.

Muzza22au comes from this, my nickname in school was muzza which is derived from my last name Murray, the 22 is that day in December which I am born and the au is because I am Australian ;). Simple really lol.

Ambient

My real name is sooo common. I went to school with other Deb Smiths, I worked with a girl with the exact same name once. So joining forums can be a challenge sometimes to find a form of my real name. So I pulled up a list of photographic terms and picked one close to the top. I didn't want to be "abberation" even though it propably suits me!;) And if you think I had it bad, I have a brother John Smith and a sister Jane!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Pretzel

My forum name "Pretzel" is actually my road name as well. I ride with a local chapter of B.A.C.A. (Bikers Against Child Abuse), and your road names are "assigned" by other members.

My real name is Damon, but my signature has developed into a big semi-cursive swooping "D" with a trailing line. (it's easier that way) Well, in BACA, we give each kid a large duffel bag full of stuff when we meet them, and everyone signs it in sharpie. The first bag I signed, one of my brothers was looking over my shoulder and said... "What's that? Is that your name? It looks like a pretzel! Is that your name, Pretzel? Hey guys, this is Pretzel, and he can't even spell his name! He's gotta draw a picture!" Needless to say, it stuck. :)

The kids LOVE it, as it's unique, and one of 'em actually told me, as I squatted down to get on his eye level, "You kinda squish up like a Pretzel when ya do that!" right before he gave me a big hug! I was already proud of my road name, as it was given by one of the best groups of people known to mankind, but THAT moment... that's what set it in stone. I get a big warm fuzzy feeling when I'm out about town and hear someone yell out "PRETZEL!!", especially when it's a kid!

I've started using it everywhere I go now, and a lot of people don't even know my real name... It serves as a reminder that I've still got a mission in this life. In fact, if ya ever get a chance, look up BACA and take a look into the organization. I *HATE* why we exist, but I *LOVE* what we do!

My forum name "Pretzel" is actually my road name as well. I ride with a local chapter of B.A.C.A. (Bikers Against Child Abuse), and your road names are "assigned" by other members.

My real name is Damon, but my signature has developed into a big semi-cursive swooping "D" with a trailing line. (it's easier that way) Well, in BACA, we give each kid a large duffel bag full of stuff when we meet them, and everyone signs it in sharpie. The first bag I signed, one of my brothers was looking over my shoulder and said... "What's that? Is that your name? It looks like a pretzel! Is that your name, Pretzel? Hey guys, this is Pretzel, and he can't even spell his name! He's gotta draw a picture!" Needless to say, it stuck. :)

The kids LOVE it, as it's unique, and one of 'em actually told me, as I squatted down to get on his eye level, "You kinda squish up like a Pretzel when ya do that!" right before he gave me a big hug! I was already proud of my road name, as it was given by one of the best groups of people known to mankind, but THAT moment... that's what set it in stone. I get a big warm fuzzy feeling when I'm out about town and hear someone yell out "PRETZEL!!", especially when it's a kid!

I've started using it everywhere I go now, and a lot of people don't even know my real name... It serves as a reminder that I've still got a mission in this life. In fact, if ya ever get a chance, look up BACA and take a look into the organization. I *HATE* why we exist, but I *LOVE* what we do!

Bikers Against Child Abuse International looks like a great group to be associated with.

Bill16

That is awesome my friend! I love it! :D

Daniel Aegerter

Mine is quite simple (no good story like others have): one of the mountain bikes I own is a Specialized Enduro SL. Used it first for a bike related forum. Too lazy or not creative enough to make a new one up.

sent from my prototype iPhone 6

Sandpatch

I'm fascinated by railroading, so chose Sandpatch and a matching Baltimore & Ohio Railroad avatar. Sandpatch is the historic nickname for the B&O railroad line west from Cumberland, MD USA as it makes its steep and scenic assault on the Allegheny Mountains.

Last edited: