Well I finally joined the D700 club! :D

hrstrat57

Another great feature of the D700 is how seamlessly it functions with MF Nikon glass. Especially with the 28 sooo nice! AF is not necessary with the depth of field at 28mm.

STM

Congratulations! My D700 was my very first DSLR and it is still my only and I don't see replacing I anytime soon. It is rugged and dependable. I replaced the focusing screen in mine with a microprism one from Focusing Screen because all of my lenses are MF Nikkors.

jay_dean

I finally hit the bigtime going full frame with a D700 with less than 24k actuations! :D I admit I was thinking this day wasn't going to happen, and now I'm a proud D700 owner! Lol :D

WooooHooooooo!!!!!!! Lol :D

The second hand price these are going for now make it a no brainer choice for that first jump into FX. I traded mine for a D4, and being honest, i still hold the D700 in the highest regard versus it. You wont be disappointed!

Whiskeyman

Nikon declared/advertised the D700 as a "Purist's" camera since it did/does not have video capability.

I wear the badge proudly, BTW!!:D

WM

Bill16

Man I'm already going nuts waiting for my D700 to get here, and it hasn't been shipped yet! I can only hope it will get here by Thursday like eBay estimates it! I keep getting older but I'm not gaining any patience so far as I can tell! Lol :p

I'm just dying to finally get my D700 in my hands after waiting and wishing for it for so long! I nearly gave up on ever getting one to tell the truth! So I'm very very impatient to finally get it! :D

As for my extra D300, I have plans for her! :) She won't go to waste! :D

Bill16

Update! My D700 is now marked as shipped with a tracking number! Woohoo!!:D

Estimated delivery day is this Thursday! :frog:

Bill16

Here is some news for ya my friends! I just got a "call" by a machine at FedEx telling me my D700 will be delivered tomorrow requiring a signature! Matter of fact I either be here to sign for it or go to the FedEx location to pick it up!
Now I have to rearrange a doctors appointment that I really needed to keep. But I'm so excited that my D700 will be here several days earlier than I thought! :D

Bill16

I hope you'll join our D700 fan club with the link in my signature! I'm very excite to get my D700 after planning and waiting so long! :D

Congratulations, you have one of the finest cameras ever made. I love mine and wouldn't part with it for the world.

Bill16

Well here I am up way to early, waiting like a little boy at Christmas for his presents! I likely have a long time to wait for my D700, but I just couldn't stand tossing and turning in bed any longer! Lol :p
So I have just a few hours more to wait and finally success! Finally full frame goodness! Finally D700 party time! Lol :p

hrstrat57

When it shows up just slap your nifty 50 on it and go forth and capture.....as I have said you already know how to use it.

No button phobia with this move to FX!

(leave the 50 on for a week is my strong advice... dial in the camera view first before you add addl variables )

Again, happy for you I am!! KEH is a good choice if it has issues they will make it right so no worry deal!

Bill16

Thanks buddy! I already had my nifty fifty out for it! Lol :D

When it shows up just slap your nifty 50 on it and go forth and capture.....as I have said you already know how to use it.

No button phobia with this move to FX!

(leave the 50 on for a week is my strong advice... dial in the camera view first before you add addl variables )

Again, happy for you I am!! KEH is a good choice if it has issues they will make it right so no worry deal!

Bill16

It's here, it's here, it's here! I can now stop panicking with this $1000,00 Nikon finally here safe and sound! :)
I got it mostly set up, but it will likely tomorrow before I get a shot worth posting! Lol :)