Well I finally joined the D700 club! :D

Bourbon Neat

I am amazed at what the D700 can do with the Tamron all the way out to 600. How high do those air liners cruise, 4-5 miles? I watched this one come up from the western horizon and had high hopes at first that it would get close to the moon for a shot. I got em both in at 160mm but not so clear in the crop, the moon directly overhead. Anyone know what airline runs this green bottomed one?

airliners--8566.jpg

moon-4-27-8575.jpg

These two were just above the horizon just after sunset. Look a bit close but highly doubt it.

AirC-1.jpg

spotfromoz

I just purchased one as well under 20K clicks in excellent condition with 30 day warranty for $650 Australian. It will replace my D90 for home studio work and be my main camera when we travel with my wife taking the D90.

spotfromoz

Mine arrived today but unfortunately its faulty. I wont be criticising the seller as we have arranged to have it fixed within two days or I may add $200 and get another one they have with only 3300 clicks. I will make that decision on Monday when i take it back.

Bill16

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! Hopefully it will turn out great before your done! The D700 is just a blast to use, and almost seems easier that other cameras for some reason! But once you get one that works great I think you'll love it! :)

Mine arrived today but unfortunately its faulty. I wont be criticising the seller as we have arranged to have it fixed within two days or I may add $200 and get another one they have with only 3300 clicks. I will make that decision on Monday when i take it back.

spotfromoz

Got the new Camera just 3300 clicks like brand new. Its wonderful a bit of use to get used to the controls and all will be well. Doesnt feel as heavy as I thought it would and more comfortable to hold that the D90. In fact now the D90 feels a bit toy like. Will get out shooting something serious soon.

Bill16

Congrats! I know exactly what you mean, having had the D90 too before getting the D300 and then the D700! :)
I hope you'll love your new FX Nikon! It is a great camera and one I love using! :D

Got the new Camera just 3300 clicks like brand new. Its wonderful a bit of use to get used to the controls and all will be well. Doesnt feel as heavy as I thought it would and more comfortable to hold that the D90. In fact now the D90 feels a bit toy like. Will get out shooting something serious soon.

jay_dean

Well done. If you liked the D90, you'll love the D700. Get an MB-D10 on it, and it'll feel even more balanced

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Although 12.3 Mpixels is considered outdated, one must remember that for years, the D700 was a flagship camera that has produced hundred of thousands of magnificent pictures, used by most professional photographers around the world. The only drawback of the "low Mps" is that it could limit your printing size to about 24x36". And if you consider that there are many upscaling programs that one can use, this can easily be worked around. The high iso results that I've gotten with this camera is very close to what I can get with the Df. And finally, for an amateur to a starting pro, the D700 is a real bargain. I don't think I'll ever sell mine until it stop working, and I don't think I'll see the end of it.

Here's an example of what it can do:

St-Julians Malta.jpg