Vixens 365 Project 2014

Vixen

Re: Vixens 365 Project

This 365 is really stretching my ability I can tell you. In the last 2 1/2 months I have tried a lot of stuff I've never done before, and some of it I have totally bombed out with but some of it has come off OK, but not quite good enough for me (they say you are your own worst critic ;) ) so some of it I will be revisiting before the year is out. It's hard coming up with ideas every day, but I have the luxury of being retired, so plenty of time :D and I find the BEST way to get inspiration is to search the WWW ;)

Thanks for all the nice comments. Much appreciated they are :D

piperbarb

This 365 is really stretching my ability I can tell you. In the last 2 1/2 months I have tried a lot of stuff I've never done before, and some of it I have totally bombed out with but some of it has come off OK, but not quite good enough for me (they say you are your own worst critic ;) ) so some of it I will be revisiting before the year is out. It's hard coming up with ideas every day, but I have the luxury of being retired, so plenty of time :D and I find the BEST way to get inspiration is to search the WWW ;)

The best way to learn is to try it. Enjoy the process and the journey. :)

piperbarb

I am Barbara...thoroughly enjoying it that is, but yes, also learning lots and lots along the way :D

By the end of the year, when you look back at what you were doing then as compared to the end of the year, you will be surprised how far you have come. You will also start to discover the type of photography you like to do. I enjoy nature, critter, and macro photography. I have a really hard time photographing people so you won't see a lot of people pictures from me. You'll find what you enjoy. Just keep on shooting, experimenting, and just having fun.

Vixen

By the end of the year, when you look back at what you were doing then as compared to the end of the year, you will be surprised how far you have come. You will also start to discover the type of photography you like to do. I enjoy nature, critter, and macro photography. I have a really hard time photographing people so you won't see a lot of people pictures from me. You'll find what you enjoy. Just keep on shooting, experimenting, and just having fun.

That one is easy Barbara. I already know that landscapes are my thing, and in particular I like long exposure watershots, but I also like macro of insects in particular and, like you, absolutely dislike people, so there may not be ANY people photos or if I decide to get outside the comfort zone I may post a selfie (the multiplicity shot I did I don't count as a selfie, as I had my back to the camera in all the poses I think). I'm hoping to do some night shots soon. That is something I don't do enough of ;)

I shoot all the time and I throw away a lot, lot more than I save. BUT the ratio gets better all the time.

Last edited:

fotojack

Pat...all I can say is WOW! Those are great shots! And I thought I was pretty good! You shoot me out of the water! :)

Vixen

61/365.....water drops. My first attempt at this and an eye dropper does not cut it. I have an idea to set up a drip system and will revist this.

DSC_4061_webshot_zpsd217e606.jpg

and another that turned out OK

DSC_4087_webshot_zpse379e816.jpg

62/365........peter, peter, pumpkin eater

DSC_4195_webshot_zps5656240d.jpg

63/365........dredge scoop

DSC_4221_HDR_webshot_zps1588c39d.jpg

64/365.......Stott's Island Strangler

DSC_4310_HDRpano_webshot_zps16ae3066.jpg

and that brings us up to date

Last edited by a moderator:

Vixen

65/365....7th Mar 2014

Had to go into town so took the dog for a walk along the river. Our local council allows grafitti artists to paint the flood protection wall along this stretch of the river. Some of the local talent is very good. I got my doggy to pose in front of the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland

DSC_4381_webshot_zps270377b6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Really great shots Vixen. Good variety. I shoot a lot of different things also and have decided wildlife is my favorite. Keep 'em coming.

Last edited:

Vixen

66/365 8th March 2014

Smokin!!

DSC_45352_webshot_zps94d1261f.jpg

f3.2 ISO400 1/160 sec. Lit from below and flash thru the focal area from the side at 1/128 power. My fave colour is purple.....say no more :D

Last edited: