Vixens 365 for 2015

Vixen

68/365....... rings on her fingers

I did an "introduction to silversmithing" course on Saturday and during the course of the day made 2 stacking rings. I have booked in for part 2 next month. If I like it I may even take it up as a hobby. I've made jewellery on and off since I was 18yrs old, mostly with wire and beads but this is the real thing :D

So.....one ring is plain and the other is hammered

15A_9604_webshot.jpg

Last edited:

dh photography

67/365....... rings on her fingers

I did an "introduction to silversmithing" course on Saturday and during the course of the day made 2 stacking rings. I have booked in for part 2 next month. If I like it I may even take it up as a hobby. I've made jewellery on and off since I was 18yrs old, mostly with wire and beads but this is the real thing :D

So.....one ring is plain and the other is hammered

View attachment 144442

Nice images as usual, V. But this is very cool on many levels!! Nice looking "introductory" rings!

Vixen

72/365.......

This is one of a small collection of echidna ornaments I have displayed in a small glass cabinet.

15A_9727_webshot.jpg

Last edited:

Vixen

73/365.........

15A_9758_HDR_webshot.jpg

74/365.......

15A_9800_webshot.jpg

I somehow got out of sync and forget to post a pic for 12th Mar which should be 71/365. It's been a busy week :D

15A_9701_webshot.jpg

Last edited:

Vixen

Great photos Vixen. I want to shoot a dragonfly!

You need a tiny tiny gun Lawrence :D

Seriously..... they can be hard sometimes. They just won't sit still. The red ones here are the most timid and fly off as soon as you make a move but some of them will just sit there and let you get right in close. They are all about in my garden at the moment...heaps of them. Lots of potential subjects :D I find if you see one, just wait about as they usually settle in the same spot after a bit of a fly about, so you just have to watch and see where they are settling most and wait a while. It's a nice way to spend a bit of time near water (as if I NEED and excuse!!)

Lawrence

You need a tiny tiny gun Lawrence :D

Seriously..... they can be hard sometimes. They just won't sit still. The red ones here are the most timid and fly off as soon as you make a move but some of them will just sit there and let you get right in close. They are all about in my garden at the moment...heaps of them. Lots of potential subjects :D I find if you see one, just wait about as they usually settle in the same spot after a bit of a fly about, so you just have to watch and see where they are settling most and wait a while. It's a nice way to spend a bit of time near water (as if I NEED and excuse!!)

You see that's where being a true hunter helps.

A shotgun greatly increases the chances of success. :)