The latest update about Bill16

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickt

Bill, I don't want to be a Debbie-Downer, but I would urge you to at least have a live phone call with her. Accept NO excuses on that, from yourself or Deb.

Bill16

I will send her my number and try to arrange a time with her. I will do my best.

Bill, I don't want to be a Debbie-Downer, but I would urge you to at least have a live phone call with her. Accept NO excuses on that, from yourself or Deb.

weebee

Do you have a physical address for her? What unit is she with? Where in NC did she live? Don't get me wrong Bill. I hope the best for you.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Bill, I haven't said much lately for various reasons one of which is my own personal emotions from the recent events in my life, but...............
What Cindy said is very close to some of the same concerns that I have for you. Facts are facts. Anyone can and unfortunately do "create" a person (take on another identity) for their own "evil" use. Anyone can create a FB page in any name and post any photo they want. They can also set up an email account with any name. I guess my skeptical nature sees too many red flags in this. One, she is "39" but only a PFC in the US Army (photo you posted). She either enlisted very late in life or is very slow in making rank. How long has she been in the service? That will give more info on her "story" if she is who she says she or he is.

Please do not give any information that may be used by someone to steal your identity, etc. A little bit here and a little bit there can be pieced together by the dishonest out there and used to really mess you up.

Please take this in the way it is intended, with a real concern for you as a Nikonite friend. I'm not as smooth with the way I say things as Cindy has been, but still have your best interest in mind. You seem to be a very honest and trusting man which are good traits, but also can get you in trouble if you are not careful.

Take care my friend

Bill16

Her mom and daughter live in Rock point NC I think, and no I don't know her unit number. This is really new and I wasn't expecting the need for all of this. I will take one thing at a time, and go from there over a bit of time.

Do you have a physical address for her? What unit is she with? Where in NC did she live? Don't get me wrong Bill. I hope the best for you.

Bill16

About 8 years in I think. Went in after husband died in car wreck. Daughter is 10. I also believe she has some collage.

Guys I may not remember things that would make things more clear. But I am stressing now, so I need to wait till later to try to find answers to help with this,

But thank you all for your caring my friends.

Bill, I haven't said much lately for various reasons one of which is my own personal emotions from the recent events in my life, but...............
What Cindy said is very close to some of the same concerns that I have for you. Facts are facts. Anyone can and unfortunately do "create" a person (take on another identity) for their own "evil" use. Anyone can create a FB page in any name and post any photo they want. They can also set up an email account with any name. I guess my skeptical nature sees too many red flags in this. One, she is "39" but only a PFC in the US Army (photo you posted). She either enlisted very late in life or is very slow in making rank. How long has she been in the service? That will give more info on her "story" if she is who she says she or he is.

Please do not give any information that may be used by someone to steal your identity, etc. A little bit here and a little bit there can be pieced together by the dishonest out there and used to really mess you up.

Please take this in the way it is intended, with a real concern for you as a Nikonite friend. I'm not as smooth with the way I say things as Cindy has been, but still have your best interest in mind. You seem to be a very honest and trusting man which are good traits, but also can get you in trouble if you are not careful.

Take care my friend

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
About 8 years in I think. Went in after husband died in car wreck. Daughter is 10. I also believe she has some collage.

Guys I may not remember things that would make things more clear. But I am stressing now, so I need to wait till later to try to find answers to help with this,

But thank you all for your caring my friends.

Bill, don't think anyone is pushing you to find the info or wanting you to be stressed over this. Everyone is just wanting you to slow down before you end up in quick sand so to speak. SLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW! and cautious are the key words here.

weebee

Eight years in the service during war time conditions and she is only a E3/PFC? Bill, I'm worried for you. When did she tell you that her husband died? Before or after telling her your loss. Please don't get me wrong here.

Bill16

It was in her dating profile before we met, and I don't know how long she has been in combat. I am trying to go slow in some ways, and I'm not passing over any money stealing info, and won't. All that is at risk, that I can think of, is my heart.

Eight years in the service during war time conditions and she is only a E3/PFC? Bill, I'm worried for you. When did she tell you that her husband died? Before or after telling her your loss. Please don't get me wrong here.

Bill16

Correction, I think she said her husband died 4 years ago. So I just don't know how this will end up, and I guess I will just have to see in my own time. Maybe I am destend to be hurt, but if it turned out bad even right now it is to late not to be hurt. So in for a penny in for a pound? :)

Bill16

I will survive and it is meeting her in the real world that will be really stressful I think. But if she is not right, there won't likely be any real world meetings. You won't find me on the Jerry Springer show! Lol :D

Danno

Bill, just be careful what you share. There is always reason to be cautious in a situation where our emotions are involved. This may be a great lady, but when we are lonely we can miss red flags. Just be careful. Guard your heart.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
No matter how this unfolds, we are all fellow Nikonites bound by camaraderie and photography. And of course we only want the best for you, Bill. :encouragement:

Photowyzard

Bill,

You don't know me from Adam, in fact, I can't remember if we have even exchanged a comment online.

No matter.

ME:

In the Computer Industry since 1986. The dawn of the information age ....

Owned a very large computer company with 120 people.

What I have seen over the years would turn most people's heads..... SCAMMERS are thick as grass.

I have seen every type of scam, government funds, lost and lonely girls, good deals on excess merchandise.... etc etc etc.... Western Union makes a living from "suckers" who send money to "spouses to be" who promise, they will come soon, but first, they have to pay the lawyer, pay the pimp, pay the judge, pay the airfare pay pay pay.... and suckers here keep sending them money.

They are MASTERS at getting into your psyche because that is what they DO!! Find a lonely person, chat a bit, find things out and play on the vulnerability. They can be so convincing that you believe they are madly in love, ill and need money, lonely and desperate and need a friend to help blah blah blah blah blah.

Normal Relationships start off with:

1) a few friendly meets over coffee
2) a date or 20
3) movies, hanging out, talking on the phone etc.
4) meeting friends, meeting family and so on.....

Anything outside the ordinary, any silly excuses or delays, any long and complicated stories etc etc area ALL SUPER SUSPECT!!!

ALL .... PERIOD.

I don't know the details of your story, but I am already rolling my eyes. I am sorry to hit you hard here, but I have been around too long and seen too much to simply sit here and let a fellow photographer and someone who seems like an all around nice person get sucked in.

Something stinks here. Period.

At some point, they are going to know too much about you, and either pay a visit, steal your gear ... what ever....
Or, start asking for money because of some illness to the kid, some accident, some bad luck, sad sack story.

There are NOT a FEW people in this world who get sucked in, Bill.

There are 100's who frequent INDIVIDUAL LOCATIONS of the MONEY STORES who send money to these thieves on a regular basis. How do I know? I had a friend who worked in one. No matter how hard they tried, to stop these people from sending money, "THEIR HONEY was LEGIT", or "THEIR SCAM TO GET A BIG INHEARITANCE was LEGIT".

Most of the time, this type of stuff is a SCAM.

I don't know enough about you, but this story reads like so many of the stories I have heard about over the years that I simply could NOT WALK AWAY from this thread without venting.

Sorry. Sorry if you hate me for post this, I simply had to post.

You need to MAN UP, ask her the HARD QUESTION and MEET Her or END IT, before you get taken for a RIDE.

I can send you a 1000 pictures of 10,000 attractive girls all with a story you can fall for. The INTERNET isn't where you meet your true love. You are going to be MORE HURT, when you REALIZE YOU GOT TAKEN like a SUCKER because your intentions were pure and you were worked over by PRO's!!!

RUN

Again, please, accept my apologies, but my real world experience has all the alarm bells firing at FULL BLAST. Please don't be foolish, Bill.

And, please note, my intentions to warn you are pure as well. Please don't get sucked in by pros.

Last edited:

Photowyzard

:)

Bill,

I did some searching online for "Deb Foppiamo", Deborah Foppiamo", "Debbie Foppiamo" .... zippo!

Nothing online
Nothing on Facebook

I find that odd as well.

Photowyzard

Member of the Armed Forces?

FIND OUT:

Commander
U.S. Army Enlisted Records & Evaluation Center
ATTN: Locator
8899 East 56th Street
Fort Benjamin Harrison, IN 46249-5301
1-866-771-6357

Write or call .... DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR.

No one needs to know but you! Put your mind at ease.....

crashton

Very well said Photowyzard. Bill I feel like I'm watching a slow motion train wreck about to happen. We all want the best for you & you to be happy. My take is you should switch to another track before it is too late.

All the best.

Bill16

I didn't and won't tell her what photo gear I have, and I don't/can't send her or anybody else money, as I am on disability and am just barely getting by now. I will be working to meet her in person ASAP. First as recommended I ask her to work a time she can call me.
Though there was risk, I met my late wife online. But I wouldn't send nor except money from her either until we were settled in together and we were married in less than a month.

Thank you my friend, I hope I will soon know more.

Bill,

You don't know me from Adam, in fact, I can't remember if we have even exchanged a comment online.

No matter.

ME:

In the Computer Industry since 1986. The dawn of the information age ....

Owned a very large computer company with 120 people.

What I have seen over the years would turn most people's heads..... SCAMMERS are thick as grass.

I have seen every type of scam, government funds, lost and lonely girls, good deals on excess merchandise.... etc etc etc.... Western Union makes a living from "suckers" who send money to "spouses to be" who promise, they will come soon, but first, they have to pay the lawyer, pay the pimp, pay the judge, pay the airfare pay pay pay.... and suckers here keep sending them money.

They are MASTERS at getting into your psyche because that is what they DO!! Find a lonely person, chat a bit, find things out and play on the vulnerability. They can be so convincing that you believe they are madly in love, ill and need money, lonely and desperate and need a friend to help blah blah blah blah blah.

Normal Relationships start off with:

1) a few friendly meets over coffee
2) a date or 20
3) movies, hanging out, talking on the phone etc.
4) meeting friends, meeting family and so on.....

Anything outside the ordinary, any silly excuses or delays, any long and complicated stories etc etc area ALL SUPER SUSPECT!!!

ALL .... PERIOD.

I don't know the details of your story, but I am already rolling my eyes. I am sorry to hit you hard here, but I have been around too long and seen too much to simply sit here and let a fellow photographer and someone who seems like an all around nice person get sucked in.

Something stinks here. Period.

At some point, they are going to know too much about you, and either pay a visit, steal your gear ... what ever....
Or, start asking for money because of some illness to the kid, some accident, some bad luck, sad sack story.

There are NOT a FEW people in this world who get sucked in, Bill.

There are 100's who frequent INDIVIDUAL LOCATIONS of the MONEY STORES who send money to these thieves on a regular basis. How do I know? I had a friend who worked in one. No matter how hard they tried, to stop these people from sending money, "THEIR HONEY was LEGIT", or "THEIR SCAM TO GET A BIG INHEARITANCE was LEGIT".

Most of the time, this type of stuff is a SCAM.

I don't know enough about you, but this story reads like so many of the stories I have heard about over the years that I simply could NOT WALK AWAY from this thread without venting.

Sorry. Sorry if you hate me for post this, I simply had to post.

You need to MAN UP, ask her the HARD QUESTION and MEET Her or END IT, before you get taken for a RIDE.

I can send you a 1000 pictures of 10,000 attractive girls all with a story you can fall for. The INTERNET isn't where you meet your true love. You are going to be MORE HURT, when you REALIZE YOU GOT TAKEN like a SUCKER because your intentions were pure and you were worked over by PRO's!!!

RUN

Again, please, accept my apologies, but my real world experience has all the alarm bells firing at FULL BLAST. Please don't be foolish, Bill.

And, please note, my intentions to warn you are pure as well. Please don't get sucked in by pros.

Bill16

I will call after the holiday.

Member of the Armed Forces?

FIND OUT:

Commander
U.S. Army Enlisted Records & Evaluation Center
ATTN: Locator
8899 East 56th Street
Fort Benjamin Harrison, IN 46249-5301
1-866-771-6357

Write or call .... DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR.

No one needs to know but you! Put your mind at ease.....

Status
Not open for further replies.