Tamron 15-30 2.8 VC- killer price and probably killer performance

rocketman122

They finally have it listed on Amazon, but still not finding any real reviews yet.

fat grainger has a review up.

In my eyes he has no credibility though. his cheesy deceitful D750 review was enough for me. entertaining to see, but till I dont see full untouched raw files on my pc to judge no one is legit to me.
to me, there are only 2-3 good reviewers who arent biased and are more than happy to upload full raw files for comparison. I dont care for the reviewers POV or what they say. simply show me the raw files and that will tell me all I need to know. shoot it on a tripod. shoot 2.8/4/5.6 at 15mm and 30mm and thats it. 6 images of a brick wall and thats all I need. all the paka paka they spew is fluff.

look in the description and all the sponsor links he has and then understand they need give and objective review.

Last edited by a moderator:

NVSteve

fat grainger has a review up.

:D
Well, it certainly didn't remove any of my interest in this lens. I agree though, post some raws in the f2.8-f12 range and let us decide for ourselves. I like the size and weight of my 16-35, but the corner softness just kills me. I'm really hoping the Tamron will be much better in that department. Really looking forward to seeing some unbiased reviews soon.

rocketman122

:D
Well, it certainly didn't remove any of my interest in this lens. I agree though, post some raws in the f2.8-f12 range and let us decide for ourselves. I like the size and weight of my 16-35, but the corner softness just kills me. I'm really hoping the Tamron will be much better in that department. Really looking forward to seeing some unbiased reviews soon.

I really like the beefy build on the lens. Thats a big boy. Same here. Doesnt like its disappointing.
Only thing im wondering is sharpness at f4 wide/tele and the supposed onion bokeh. Vignette/distortion/flare does not Interest me in the least.

All of the reviewers will say every piece of gear is great then Post u sponsor links. Ifthey said bad thibgs of the gear no one would buy. All i want is raw files. I dont care for the hype they spew. Ive burned too many times. So I no longer believe reviewers. The only one who I really like is Thom Hogan. But he doesnt review a lot.

Very easy to make reviews for money. Buy a camera. Record video clip on the camera, do some test pics, return, get credit then buy something else. Post sponsor links-bam!

NVSteve

2 Canon RAW files if you scroll down just below the snow pictures: Google Translate

Plus a few smaller samples. He does say this: "Less edge blur, less CAs maximum bit more vignetting at 15mm." Fine with me. Vignetting I can handle. Really tempted to just order one, reviews (and the lack thereof) be damned.

Rick M

2 Canon RAW files if you scroll down just below the snow pictures: Google Translate

Plus a few smaller samples. He does say this: "Less edge blur, less CAs maximum bit more vignetting at 15mm." Fine with me. Vignetting I can handle. Really tempted to just order one, reviews (and the lack thereof) be damned.

This was more informative than grainger even with a poor translation. Test subjects a bit better than a brick wall :)!

NVSteve

I will likely get this lens if I can get a decent price for my 16-35 f4. I like what I'm seeing with this lens so far.

I've noticed used 16-35s don't seem to sell for very much, at least compared to the new price. Doesn't matter to me as I don't buy lenses as investments, but I know I'll be struggling with this same decision for a while I'm sure. I'd like to see a good review that pits this against the flagship Nikon and the f4. That alone would probably be enough to sway me if the IQ is obviously better with the Tamron.