Tamron 15-30 2.8 VC- killer price and probably killer performance

NVSteve

That looks like a terrific lens. This could possibly push my 16-35 f4 out of my bag for sure. I'm extremely impressed with what Tamron's been releasing lately.

Same here. If it gets close to the 14-24, that will be impressive. If it surpasses it, even more so. While I like the size of my 16-35, I would gladly go with a larger/heavier lens if the IQ is substantially better, which I don't think will be hard to do vs the 16-35. I see there are a few import listings on Ebay if anyone wants to take the plunge and do some testing for us.

rocketman122

Same here. If it gets close to the 14-24, that will be impressive. If it surpasses it, even more so. While I like the size of my 16-35, I would gladly go with a larger/heavier lens if the IQ is substantially better, which I don't think will be hard to do vs the 16-35. I see there are a few import listings on Ebay if anyone wants to take the plunge and do some testing for us.

$400 more than what its going to sell and 1 year warranty vs 6 with tamron USA..no thank you

rocketman122

thanks for that. crap! this looks promising! wow, very happy with what I see. if they can get their QC together, damn they will the market. because word of mouth will spread and there will be a frenzy. no UWA zoom besides the 14-24 AFS is a really stellar performer. nothing by anyone. not canons 16-35 mark1 mark 20, whatever.. none are at the same level.

Anybody have more reviews please post them. did see someone mention onion bokeh and for a $1000 price tage and killer sharpness and no CA, thats not rellevant. for me sharpness and color are much more important.

Deezey

Hmmm....$1200 bucks. I can deal with the onion balls.....

Nikon better get a move on....the competition seems to be about to take a big chunk out of their ever shrinking pie.

rocketman122

Hmmm....$1200 bucks. I can deal with the onion balls.....

Nikon better get a move on....the competition seems to be about to take a big chunk out of their ever shrinking pie.

I think the price will be $1100 or maybe even $1000 even. I think they want to break the market and kill the competition.

not the same lens but the 150-600 is at $1100 and sells like crazy

Deezey

Tamron gets a mark up for the US. Such a shame....at $1000 it would have been quite the steal. But $1200 isn't too bad either.

Rob Bye

104A012NII.jpg

rocketman122

any new photog looking to get top notch IQ can have a trio set of pro lenses for much cheaper than gfoing all nikon and have very good performance. if one is a VDSLR shooter then having VC is a HUGE plus.
Since I want to get into VDSLR the purchse is a no brainer. and the VC is just an amazing stabilizer.

btw, Ill post a picture soon. He uses 2-D4s also has 2-70-200VR2 lenses and a newly bought 70-200VC 2.8 and he enjoys using the tamron better. that shows how shameful it is for nikon.

Rick M

any new photog looking to get top notch IQ can have a trio set of pro lenses for much cheaper than gfoing all nikon and have very good performance. if one is a VDSLR shooter then having VC is a HUGE plus.
Since I want to get into VDSLR the purchse is a no brainer. and the VC is just an amazing stabilizer.

btw, Ill post a picture soon. He uses 2-D4s also has 2-70-200VR2 lenses and a newly bought 70-200VC 2.8 and he enjoys using the tamron better. that shows how shameful it is for nikon.

I found I liked Tamron's VC better than VR. VC really grabs the image aggressively while VR is more passive, personal taste I guess.