Stolen photos from this site

fotojack

OK....let's keep this civil. Nothing can be accomplished by screaming and yelling at each other. Doing so in a public forum serves no ones interests. If I see one more "heated" post in here, this thread will be closed for good! I contacted Marka and brought this to his/her attention. Marka is doing everything in his/her power to resolve this issue. Marka is not the one at fault here. You're kicking the wrong horse, Damon, so let's either calm down and do this civilly, or take it private with Marka through other channels, such as email or Private Message. We all want this picture thief to be caught and prosecuted, but threatening an admin from another forum is not the way to go about it.

AxeMan - Rick S.

Stangman, I know how you feel, and I know you have more to lose and more at stake than me or Jeff. Please back down from Marka, I am very surprised to see another site cooperate with us by registering with Nikonites and talking and working with us. I think he has gone out of his way trying to help us. I wouldn't want to upset him and have him say the hell with us and not help.

I would have to agree with Marka he can only take down photo's that we can prove that are ours. Banning or closing someone account on HIS forum would fall under HIS rules of conduct, not ours.

Jack has threaten to lock this thread, and this is exactly what I was afraid of, someone getting out of line. If you want to get shitty please do it in a PM.

Attacking someone who is trying to help us and posting negative posts on his board or Trolling is not much different than what one of his members did to us. More surprising to me this came from not only a member of this board but also a moderator. Is this how we want an outsider look at us? I know your upset and I DO know how you feel, but as a moderator of this board I would think you would set an example to others being in that position.

A lot of us are upset, but think twice before posting something. Just some constructive criticism don't take my comments in the wrong way.

Eye-level

Banned
That'd be funny if he popped up in Canada someday soon...he is still out there...he'll show up somewhere. I think I may go up to Canada and hang out with you all Sam...visit some old friends...see what is shaking in wildlife town... :)

Sambr

That'd be funny if he popped up in Canada someday soon...he is still out there...he'll show up somewhere. I think I may go up to Canada and hang out with you all Sam...visit some old friends...see what is shaking in town... :)

If he shows up here I XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Understand how you feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marka

OK....let's keep this civil. Nothing can be accomplished by screaming and yelling at each other. Doing so in a public forum serves no ones interests. If I see one more "heated" post in here, this thread will be closed for good! I contacted Marka and brought this to his/her attention. Marka is doing everything in his/her power to resolve this issue. Marka is not the one at fault here. You're kicking the wrong horse, Damon, so let's either calm down and do this civilly, or take it private with Marka through other channels, such as email or Private Message. We all want this picture thief to be caught and prosecuted, but threatening an admin from another forum is not the way to go about it.

Thank you. I might also add that the person in question is not only banned from our photo forums (as I stated in my first post here) but so are a few of their aliases. I can't guarantee they will not be back, nor can I assure you that we will check each and every image posted on our site and instantly know who they belong to.

I have no wish to quarrel with anyone, therefore I will stop responding here or in any other threads. I will, however, remain registered here and available through Private Messages so please, if anyone spots their photo on our forums, contact me there with the link and post number, and I will remove it and take appropriate action.

Thank you

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Thanks a bunch for your help Marka! We really appreciate it, especially me, knowing what it takes to run a large forum.

I'll be going through his threads in a bit and removing accordingly.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Wow. Looks like I really missed some stuff.
It doesn't matter where (this site, your blog or Facebook) you post your photos, you always risk someone "stealing" your photo. I, for one, don't plan to stop posting photos . . . it would be like putting all your photos is shoebox in the closet. Photos need to be seen . . . it's a VISUAL art. But I will certainly make it difficult for anyone to take one without permission.

1. copyright data needs to be embedded in the photo.

2. a good clearly visible watermark/signature on the photo

3. Any photo I post on Nikonites, I also post on my photoblog (The World . . . through my lens! | by OHK Photography) which is DMCA monitored and protected.(the badge itself is a good deterrent) They will run a scan at your request (for images and content) and initiate a takedown. This is the link DMCA Website Protection Pro

Sadly, there are a lot of unethical people out there and they just need to be held accountable.

Eye-level

Banned
You didn't miss anything Helene...just the typical crazy mofo doing crap they shouldn't...this one is kind of bizarre though...I think he was tripped up by forgetting which forum he posted which picture too...very strange character indeed...he is still on the net too I bet you money.

Check out his tattoos in that old tattoo thread we had...lots of cool ones like the CIB and wings...it is now a federal law to misrepresent yourself claiming military decorations! If he has done this we may have to call the FBI in...

nikonpup

i have tried reading about "copyright". Some web sites say you must register your photos (fees apply) some do not mention registration. Do you need to register for protection?

RickSawThat

i have tried reading about "copyright". Some web sites say you must register your photos (fees apply) some do not mention registration. Do you need to register for protection?

Here is what I found:
How Do I Copyright a Photograph?

In the United States, copyright automatically attaches to almost every work, including photographs, the moment the work is created. The law automatically grants copyright privileges to the creator or author of any composition, work, or collection that is, in the words of the U.S. Copyright Act, “fixed in a tangible medium.” This language is widely interpreted to include both digital and hard copy photographs and negatives. Accordingly, there is nothing that a photographer needs to do to copyright a photograph; once he takes it, the copyright in it attaches to him, at least in the United States. The U.S. Copyright Office encourages formal registration, however, which is easily procured and can grant many more rights than an automatic copyright alone.
Registration acts as a way of verifying that the photograph is original, and that rights do, in fact, belong to the applicant. When a photograph is registered for copyright, a public record is made of its existence and its creator. If the photo is ever used by another person, or if someone else ever claims to be the rightful owner, the copyright registration is evidence that can be used in a copyright infringement lawsuit. Registration also gives the registrant a chance to collect significantly more damages in an infringement suit than he could if the work were unregistered. Usually only the photographer or, in some cases, the photographer’s employer, can register to copyright a photograph.

RickSawThat

Just added this to my signature:

* All images posted by Rick Wilson are the property of Rick Wilson (RickSawThat) and may not be copied, downloaded, saved, printed or posted on other sites without the owners written permission.

grandpaw

Just added this to my signature:

* All images posted by Rick Wilson are the property of Rick Wilson (RickSawThat) and may not be copied, downloaded, saved, printed or posted on other sites without the owners written permission.

Looks like a good idea. Not sure if it would make any difference but the only problem I can see with doing that same thing with mine is that they would be contacting you for permission. LOL

Not sure if any of mine are missing or even more to the point not sure why anyone WOULD want to steal any of my photos. BUT I figure that it would make it a little easier to prove if my real name was attached to this account so I have changed my user name to add my Real name Tracsoft - Don Kuykendall. The only other place I post pictures in on my Facebook account and my real name is there also.