Stolen photos from this site

AxeMan - Rick S.

Well I have now become a victim of the madcapmagishion. Some how I know it only be a matter of time before I found one of my photos being "used" and I did.

Now like Grandpaw I am sitting here contemplating my future with Nikonites. At this point I also don't know if I am going to continue to post any more photo's here on this site which will jeopardize my 365 /731 project. Sorry all this grief for a gift card? I am also contemplating whether or not to have the moderators delete my account and ALL of my photo's.

Please tell me what a person has to gain by doing this?

Right now PO'ed is an understatement

Here is the link to what I found, check the EXIF data it is still intact and copyrighted to my name.

Also a very piss poor job was done trying to cut my water mark out as you can see in my original photo below.

The Furry, Feathered, Finned, or Scaled Family Members... - Digital cameras, SLR, lenses, printing, processing, colors, black-and-white, wedding... - Page 52 - City-Data Forum

DSC_1172-1-1.jpg

pedroj

I'm afraid I can't advise you I feel that is up to you to decide..

I do wonder how many other images he has ripped off from all sites...

I'm beginning to wonder does he really have a camera and if his posts are one big scam...

Eye-level

Banned
Well he brags about his F250, his wife's new 2012 model Mopar, and his 69 Cobra or whatever that he only drives to the car show...he is a retired Captain with more feathers than a damn eagle according to his tattoo...perhaps you should bring a class action lawsuit against him charging him $1 per view per snap....SNAP!!!

Don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch please sir...

fotojack

I've contacted the admin of City-Data and informed him of the situation of madcap. No doubt he has done this to a number of us in here.

AxeMan - Rick S.

I've contacted the admin of City-Data and informed him of the situation of madcap. No doubt he has done this to a number of us in here.

Thanks Jack, I was looking for a "contact us" but could not find one. I didn't want to join in fear of making an ass out of myself and typing something I my have regretted later. I'm trying to be the bigger person here and be diplomatic about this, and at the same time let other know on Nikonites what's been going on.

grandpaw

Well I have now become a victim of the madcapmagishion. Some how I know it only be a matter of time before I found one of my photos being "used" and I did.

Now like Grandpaw I am sitting here contemplating my future with Nikonites. At this point I also don't know if I am going to continue to post any more photo's here on this site which will jeopardize my 365 /731 project. Sorry all this grief for a gift card? I am also contemplating whether or not to have the moderators delete my account and ALL of my photo's.

Please tell me what a person has to gain by doing this?

Right now PO'ed is an understatement

Here is the link to what I found, check the EXIF data it is still intact and copyrighted to my name.

Also a very piss poor job was done trying to cut my water mark out as you can see in my original photo below.

The Furry, Feathered, Finned, or Scaled Family Members... - Digital cameras, SLR, lenses, printing, processing, colors, black-and-white, wedding... - Page 52 - City-Data Forum

View attachment 21856

I would think that the problem is the person and NOT this site. I would think he is doing this with other sites also. Let's see if we can figure out an answer to this problem before we go completely nuts about it! I think we all might need to go on a campaign to locate as many sites as we can and let them know what he is doing.

fotojack

Thanks Jack, I was looking for a "contact us" but could not find one. I didn't want to join in fear of making an ass out of myself and typing something I my have regretted later. I'm trying to be the bigger person here and be diplomatic about this, and at the same time let other know on Nikonites what's been going on.

Well I joined just to get hold of the admin of that site! I don't intend to stay there any longer than it takes to get rid of this thief!

fotojack

Here is the contact link for the company that owns the site.

Advameg, Inc.

I would certainly take your concern seriously in my business.

This is their policy. Not much to it if ya ask me.

Some information published on our websites (for example property assessments, sex offenders, or copyrights) reflect public records provided openly to anybody. We do not maintain or hide specific records - appropriate agencies do. We periodically update our information based on the records that these agencies release. The very idea of these records is to be open and available to the public at large. It is possible to disassociate your name from street-level address using the form linked to from the bottom of assessment info pages, provided that the form is fully and correctly completed. This service is not provided by email or by filling out the form on this page.

We cannot help in licensing or obtaining any of the data used on our site. Some content used on our site is under license from other companies. You can link to our website without asking for permission.

grandpaw

Can this dirtbag rejoin under a different user name?

If it is like another site that I am a moderator on, if you ban him without banning the IP address he can. You ban the IP address then he will have to get another service to be able to do it because any additional accounts with that IP address will be stopped.

Eye-level

Banned
This kind of theft is actually very wide spread doesn't have anything to do with this site. The thing about this site is you have good photographers congregating and creating in one place so it becomes somewhat easy to slip in and steal images. It happens all of the time. Some folks use them for company websites some folks use them like MCM on forum boards for whatever egotistical/mental reason. My wife's uncle's company just paid out a substantial usage fee for a snap that the person who built their website used without permission. I doubt you could sue MCM for any money because apparently he has been using your photos to stroke himself but if you catch him trying to sell it or something that would be a whole another deal.

I am rather dissappointed that JDEG has banned him because this is a man who gets on the net and espouses loudly and without regard to good manners about far right wing conservative values that he claims he has fought to uphold. He is a firm believer in Freedom of Speech and the Bill of Rights (funny how he steals folks images without permission though...kind of like bankers and corporations if you ask me but that is another thread)...so I am kind of dismayed that he is banned because I would like to see him step up and make a post that accounts for his actions...you know like a man would if he did something wrong. He portrays himself as a man of principle...miltary bearing...O6 grade and all of that...well step up then Cowboy and don't blame it on your pills because you know that is BS (he likes to call people out with BS!)...hypocrite.

I know there have been many a time when I have posted stuff on the net and felt dismal about posting it the next day...I bet MCM feels about two inches tall right now.

Last edited:

eurotrash

I posted too, jack! What an asshat dirtbag thing to do. F*** this dude. Good looking out recording the exif of your shots always. I MUST start doing this religiously. I'll get on that tomorrow..
How did you even find the sites where this was happening in the first place?

grandpaw

This kind of theft is actually very wide spread doesn't have anything to do with this site. The thing about this site is you have good photographers congregating and creating in one place so it becomes somewhat easy to slip in and steal images. It happens all of the time. Some folks use them for company websites some folks use them like MCM on forum boards for whatever egotistical/mental reason. My wife's uncle's company just paid out a substantial usage fee for a snap that the person who built their website used without permission. I doubt you could sue MCM for any money because apparently he has been using your photos to stroke himself but if you catch him trying to sell it or something that would be a whole another deal.

I am rather dissappointed that JDEG has banned him because this is a man who gets on the net and espouses loudly and without regard to good manners about far right wing conservative values that he claims he has fought to uphold. He is a firm believer in Freedom of Speech and the Bill of Rights (funny how he steals folks images without permission though...kind of like bankers and corporations if you ask me but that is another thread)...so I am kind of dismayed that he is banned because I would like to see him step up and make a post that accounts for his actions...you know like a man would if he did something wrong. He portrays himself as a man of principle...miltary bearing...O6 grade and all of that...well step up then Cowboy and don't blame it on your pills because you know that is BS (he likes to call people out with BS!)...hypocrite.

I know there have been many a time when I have posted stuff on the net and felt dismal about posting it the next day...I bet MCM feels about two inches tall right now.

If he had done it once and was called on it and responded by removing it from everywhere he had posted it you might be right but he left posted on the others. With him doing it on so many forums with multiple pictures I myself do not believe he gives it a second thought. He has gotten more than one picture of mine and if it bothered him in any way he would have removed at least the picture that I called him out on off the other sites and he didn't. If you type his name into Google he is registered in a bunch of places.

AxeMan - Rick S.

If it is like another site that I am a moderator on, if you ban him without banning the IP address he can. You ban the IP address then he will have to get another service to be able to do it because any additional accounts with that IP address will be stopped.

@ Stumprat & eurotrash Let's keep this civil and no name calling, this is how threads get locked. We all can learn from this experience so let's keep it in line with the forums guideline.

To answer your other question like Grandpaw said, Yes you can ban a name, you can also ban a IP address.

So you ban my name and ban my IP address. If I really got it out for you all I have to do is take my laptop down to my local Mc Donald's WiFi hot spot or any other hot spot or open home wireless router and sit outside your house and BOOM my IP address changes.

So I think it would be pretty hard to totaly block a IP address. There are some people out there I feel are smart enough to do this? I think yes. Smart enough and daring.

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
Wow... I'm speechless that a person could do this. How hollow it must feel when someone compliments you on a photo that you didn't take. It just blows my mind.

AxeMan - Rick S.

I am rather dissappointed that JDEG has banned him because this is a man who gets on the net and espouses loudly and without regard to good manners about far right wing conservative values that he claims he has fought to uphold.

It's JDEG bat and ball. This is something he had to address and not ignore.