Scott's Random Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Murray

Re: Scott's Australian Walkabout

Well I am off for a photoshoot tonight, have had to organise a permit and ranger to be with me the whole time. Looking at getting the milkyway over a certain rock here in Kakadu National Park, but the trick is that the area is closed of an evening so the ranger needs to stay with me just incase. Also we have started getting clouds in the afternoon so this may ruin the shot for me, but have planned to stay there until 11pm (hope the ranger does not mind). I had planned this shoot months ago but then was involved in that car accident, so fingers crossed it pays off this time. If it doesn't then I may still end up with a decent timelapse.

Scott Murray

Well back from the photoshoot, here is a teaser the main image is of the milkyway over Nourlangie rock which you can see here in the background.

20150917-20150917-SHM_4532.jpg

Scott Murray

Got out again this evening for the sunset, while waiting this Egret was trying to sneak up on me.

Here you can see it stalking me through the bush.

Untitled by Scott Murray, on Flickr

Then it pretended to be busy hunting smaller prey ;)

And this is what an Egret looks like when it looses its meal. The fish slipped from its beak.

Scott Murray

Well I have decided I need to get practicing my timelapse and specifically 4K timelapse as that is what will be required in the documentary. But you have no idea how long it takes to process and convert 700+ images in LR and then I need to add them into my timelapse program. Slowly but surely it will happen. Stay tuned.

Scott Murray

Need a much faster computer for this...

Timelapse is a long slow process.

CPU peaking at 730% use lol 54 threads.

Screenshot 2015-09-24 23.01.24.png

Last edited:

Scott Murray

This is a great spot for sunset, I would love to do a Milky way shot from here but it is locked of an evening and the Traditional owners will not allow me access after dark (I have asked).

20130522-20130522-D60_0028.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.