Scott's Random Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Murray

Very nice clouds on these last ones Scott. Are you using a graduated ND filter or just post?
This is post processing, I find I have more control this way over Grad ND filters, I did use a ND filter though.

Here is another.

20151201-20151201-SHM_2513-Edit.jpg

Bill16

Cool shots as usual my friend! I hope I can get some similar quality shots once I get my nikkor 14-24mm f2.8 ed g lens buddy! Well someday anyway! Lol :D

Scott Murray

Cool shots as usual my friend! I hope I can get some similar quality shots once I get my nikkor 14-24mm f2.8 ed g lens buddy! Well someday anyway! Lol :D
Thanks Bill I am sure you will get similar shots :) you just need to find the time to get out and shoot.

Scott Murray

Took 3 Taiwanese girls camping for their very first time, they loved it. The only way to keep the flies at bay were to be in the water.

20151220-20151220-SHM_3663.jpg

20151220-20151220-DSC_0677.jpg

20151220-20151220-DSC_0659.jpg

20151219-20151219-SHM_3654.jpg

20151219-20151219-SHM_3641.jpg

20151219-20151219-DSC_0647.jpg

20151219-20151219-SHM_3640.jpg

20151219-20151219-SHM_3643.jpg

Scott Murray

Well as some of you may or may not know that I went camping over Christmas and was supposed to be over the new year but called it short.

Here is a quick write up of where I went and what I did :).

The first night was meant to be beside a nice lake with water birds and we were going to spend a few days there, seeing 'fresh' tyre tracks into the track I thought all was good.
But getting further and further into the track it was apparent that a lot of rain had fallen in this area and we were running out of daylight, so after following the tracks to a section of water that covered approximately 100 metres of the track we followed the fresh tracks off the track (not advised) driving a few metres I spotted the vehicle up ahead, stopped and appeared stuck. So I decided bugger this and drove into the flooded track and boy was it soft, but I did see a track off the other side which I went up and after some sliding around found some hard ground to stop and regroup and assess the situation. After walking on the muddy ice like surface I decided to risk turning around on the one lane track and then drive through the flooded track. Now this was exciting as the car was in 2nd low 4wd and crabbing most of the way sideways, this was also the first time I had tried my 2nd hand Mickey Thompson ATZ's and I must say the performed perfectly. After getting through the flooded track I weighed up the options and decided that we would park off the track on a dryish section of bushland, these are the results of the first night at camp.

Untitled by Scott Murray, on Flickr

And the following sunrise, not sure if you can see the sandy mud all over my car :)

Screenshot 2015-12-30 21.17.11.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Murray

Day 2

Today we drove from Elliott to Devils Pebbles, the aim of these camp spots were taken from the Wikicamps Aus App and allowed dog filter applied. Also they were free camping spots.

Screenshot 2015-12-30 21.56.35.jpg

Devils Pebbles is a smaller version of Devils Marbles which are big round naturally formed boulders, quite unique. Here we set up for camp and quickly realised that the flies would eat our food faster than us.

It is a very picturesque site.

At the end of the day we all like a mud bath :) ps this was a puddle which was full of water for the majority of the day.

The rising moon was quite spectacular matching with the sunset.

The complete camp set up, self reliant of course.

And more amazing scenery.

Last edited:

Scott Murray

Waking up early and managing dogs and packing up this is all I have :)

It was a great sunrise :)

Today is Christmas day and it is spent packing up camp and then driving.
But the end result for $12 per/person per day was worth it.

Welcome to Glen Helen Homestead based at the base of Finke Gorge.

No crocodiles down here :)

But a few coldies ;)

The sunset was apparently great (too busy in the pool) but managed a few night shots.

And after driving all this way some lightning. 7hrs later.

Scott Murray

Ok there is a lot more to see in the West Macdonnell Ranges than what my photos give credit for but unfortunately travelling with dogs does limit me in some way, and I am not an owner to take them all this way and not let them part take in the fun, but due to being national parks my dogs could not venture and I called my trip short. But worth another on my own that is for sure.

Heading back after deciding enough was enough we came across a parking area, but just before the bridge to this parking area I noticed a two wheel track that lead to the river. And though that must be better than being near the road. Well apart from the flies and possible buffalo sightings it was alright.

Oh and I know there are no crocodiles but being so close to this water I was always wary...

Look at this water :)

Bush camping at the best.

And a beautiful sunset.

Cooking a great meal.

With uninvited guests drawn out by the wetness.

A simple camping meal

Status
Not open for further replies.