Rob's Project 12 for 2014

Kias

Our driveway is losing weight fast! It's getting so skinny!
20140126-_1RB2038_39_40.jpg

I'm going to need some spelunking gear.
20140126-_1RB2041.jpg

Just keep plowing, just keep plowing, just keep plowing.
20140126-_1RB2060_1_2.jpg

Kias

Saw a article recently where a guy got arrested for using a flame thrower to clear the snow off his driveway. He lived in a neighborhood though. You might could get away with it.

That's funny! I could so get away with it out here. However, I think it'd be like a lit candle in a tornado. There's just too much snow!

Kias

Have I mentioned I'm tired of this stuff? Called in to work, then called the BFP in to come do the driveway. Snowed in again.

The sun peeked through a big hole in the storm. See the church down there?
20140127-_1RB2071_2_3.jpg

Yeah... Neither do I.

Kias

We're Free!!!

At least for a couple of hours. This wind is just relentless!
20140127-_1RB2077_8_9.jpg

My bridge is going to need paint this spring too. Ugh.

Kias

Just spent two and half hours plowing from last night's "Light Snow Fall"

I kinda feel sorry for the Official Drift-O-Meter.
20140209-20140209_083548.jpg

9AM. Decisions Decisions Decisions...
20140209-20140209_084639.jpg

Kias

Went out to get what will probably be the final chance to preserve this forever. The winds are changing, and are suppose to hit the mid 50's next week. Floods, they are a coming!

Walked out on our bridge to analyze the situation. Snow drifts on the west side were approaching 110 degrees, straight down + twenty degrees. Descending on that side was definitely out! Looked over on the east side of the bridge, and the drifts were maybe 50 degrees. So off to the barn I went to find some gear. An old sturdy piece of wood from an old barn to construct a makeshift bridge to steady myself. Probably 3 inches by 7 inches by 7 feet. Perfect! Risking certain death by drowning in freezing water, I descended the ravine with camera and tripod in tow.

Only to find stupid weeds in the way, that I couldn't reach...
20140215-_1RB2083_4_5.jpg

Sitting under the bridge in 3 feet of snow for several minutes, I contemplated the defeat that besieged me. Ascending the ravine, again with camera and tripod in tow, but this time also with a 25 pound chunk of wood to deal with also. Finally, after several grueling seconds, I made it to the top. I walked around and sat down on top the bridge with the view of the icy cavern that vexes me so. Shortening the tripod, I sit, waiting, camera at the ready, the sunlight will move for the perfect shot. Ten minutes go by. Fifteen minutes go by. Twenty minutes go by. I turn around and find the huge conifer directly in front of the sun. Alas, I have been beaten, conquered, and overpowered by a member of the mere Pinaceae. I take the shot. I grudgingly head home, exhausted, wet, frozen, and vanquished.
20140215-_1RB2091_2_3.jpg

Kias

I was hoping for the morning sunlight to hit it. But it wasn't to be.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Kias

This is what I decided to use the Amazon gift card I received for completing my Project 365. A new primary fermenter!! Also, inside the fermenter is a German Gewürztraminer (ga-VERTZ-trah-mee-ner).

Never had it, but always wanted to try it. It's one of those love it or hate it wines, there is no in-between. Rumor has it your first sip can be quite a shock!

Aromas used to describe it have been, Pear, Lychee, Peach, Apricot, Guava, Pineapple, Passion Fruit, Mango, Grapefruit, Sultana, Roses, Gardenia, Carnation, Jasmine, Honeysuckle, Honey, Perfume, Ginger, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, White Pepper, Allspice, Clove, Coconut, Pond’s Cold Cream, Cheap Rose Perfume, Nivea Cream, Old Lady Perfume, Church Incense, Petroleum, Turpentine, Diesel, Gasoline.

How can you go wrong with all that?

20140219-20140219_164905.jpg

Last edited:

Kias

Sounded good until you got to these!!

Ya, I think those were used by those who did not like the wine. The juice actually tastes pretty good. Don't know if there's some magical transformation that takes place while it ferments or not. Guess we're gonna find out though!

Kias

Well, the Project 365 I did last year sure did distract me from my wine making responsibilities! I took inventory a few weeks ago, and we're well under two hundred bottles left. Talk about a panic attack!

In the back: Moscato in the primary fermenting bucket. Gewürztraminer in the middle. Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel on the right.
In the front: Banana on the left. Banana Pineapple on the right.
Not shown: Skeeter Pee and Liebfraumilch.
Not Known: The two batches I haven't started yet, can't decide what to make.
That's 160 bottles cookin' away, and 60 bottles I can't decide on!
Hopefully, that'll get me out of my panic attack.
20140308-_1RB2101.jpg

Don't forget the gallon of Irish Red Ale!! I've never made beer, figured it was time to give it a try.
20140314-20140314_203719.jpg