Post your Windows 10 issues.

Carroll

done this today and everything seems ok, went out shooting and now trying to load my pics, I see them all as NEF files but cant get them over to the NX2 folder, this was an auto thing now I am sitting trying to work it out, what am I missing???

At the bottom left of my Windows 10 desktop is a "Search the web and Windows" feature.

Type "Autoplay" into it, hit enter, and you will be taken to the Windows 10 Autoplay settings. Perhaps you can set up an "auto thing" with your camera or SD card.

Hope this helps.

Roy1961

Contributor
At the bottom left of my Windows 10 desktop is a "Search the web and Windows" feature.

Type "Autoplay" into it, hit enter, and you will be taken to the Windows 10 Autoplay settings. Perhaps you can set up an "auto thing" with your camera or SD card.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Carroll, I seem to miss the box where I was to store it to and what name I wanted to call my new imports, this may have been behind something???
it stored them on a new named file just below my normal place, I will pay better attention tomorrow.

mikew_RIP

My wife switched her laptop on and the task bar is nearly empty, no start menu and not even able to shut it down,did a Google and microsoft say its a known issue,thanks microsoft,had a look round and all the things to try totally baffle me,had to pull the battery to switch it off,wish i had taken the extended warranty then i could just run over the damn thing with the car.
Will have to look in the morning as its bed time soon we are up again at 3am,i hate computers all i want is one that works.

John Thomson

I know recently (last few weeks) there was a new version of windows 10 via an update, version 1511, caused a few issues, hopefully it will sort itself :)

mikew_RIP

I know recently (last few weeks) there was a new version of windows 10 via an update, version 1511, caused a few issues, hopefully it will sort itself :)

I followed i set of instructions and typed the link in for windows 10 updates and it took me to a windows 8.1 page,clicked the link from there to a windows 10 page and instead of the being a update link there was instructions on what to do,it may as well have been in Greek for what i understood of it.
I have spent too long over the years getting frustrated over windows issues it works tomorrow or gets replaced,she only plays hidden object games on it so i can pick a new one up for a couple of hundred pounds,its worth it for me to be able to get on with my life and not hear her moaning,and to be fair its the only thing she complains about.

paul04

My wife switched her laptop on and the task bar is nearly empty, no start menu and not even able to shut it down,did a Google and microsoft say its a known issue,thanks microsoft,had a look round and all the things to try totally baffle me,had to pull the battery to switch it off,wish i had taken the extended warranty then i could just run over the damn thing with the car.
Will have to look in the morning as its bed time soon we are up again at 3am,i hate computers all i want is one that works.

To switch it off, you can press " Ctrl, Alt and Delete" at the same time, which will bring this screen up, in the bottom right corner, click the shut down button.

It would not let me do a screen shot, so just took a picture of the screen.

20151216_174230.jpg

mikew_RIP

All these years i have used the Vulcan death pinch and never noticed that:D sat down this morning with it,mouse in one hand hammer in the other and it worked ok,it must have seen the hammer.

Glevum Owl

Windows Store won't load so you can't buy lots of goodies for your PC / laptop / tablet.

1. Open a command console in admin mode.

2. Copy and paste the following text to the command line

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

3. Press Enter and wait a few seconds.

4. Now try opening the Store.

OK, this is an old problem but it just occurred on my machine - again -. Just thought I'd share in case the last update caused the same problem for others.