Post your Windows 10 issues.

paul04

When I try to install/update to Windows 10 (from a perfectly functional Win7 Home install) I get an error message that says, "The system reserved partition is too small". From what I can tell the solution is to modify at least one of the partitions on the system drive (C:).

Heh. Repartition the drive, eh?

Yeeeeeahhh... I can see the outcome already: Windows 10 will blow yet another gasket during the install at some critical point, leaving my drive in tatters and with no install media for the current release. I'll then have to reformat and reinstall Win7 from media just so I can start the whole nightmare all over again!

Can I just get an install disk, please, for Win10? I don't mind doing a clean install if I know going in that's what needs to be done.

You can download it from here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Just-Clayton

I removed the audio driver. Then. restarted my computer and windows 10 added audio driver automatically.
I downloaded Win 10 on my wife's desktop. After installing, I couldn't get ANY audio whatsoever. I ended up going back to Win 8.1 where I have no problems with audio. Is there anything that remotely describes the audio problem you had, and what exactly did you do to fix the problem? Thanks for your help!

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Now that I have used Windows 10 for a month or so, I have most everything that I use sorted out. Most of the problems were due to Toshiba not supporting WIN10 for my laptop, but WIN10 said it was compatible.

The big rub that I now have with the WIN10 is that on a less than optimal internet connection (slow), the automatic upgrade downloads really mess with my productivity for other things. I don't mind the updates, just the timing. I would love to be able to have the updates downloaded on my schedule, in other words, when I am not using the internet services for something else.

ryan20fun

Do you have the Pro version?
If so you can apparently configure the updates via the "Group Policy Editor", That something I am interested in.
With that you should be able to get Win10 to notify you before updates; Atleast that is what I beleive will happen according to the options.

HTH

John Thomson

If so you can apparently configure the updates via the "Group Policy Editor", That something I am interested in.
With that you should be able to get Win10 to notify you before updates; Atleast that is what I beleive will happen according to the options.

HTH

Yes can be done, can be quite technical but I managed to enable this

cwgrizz

Challenge Team

HTH

I don't have the Pro version, I have the Home version.

Yes can be done, can be quite technical but I managed to enable this

I assume you are talking about the Pro version. If I am wrong, please guide me in the right direction or info.

Thanks,

The controls that I read about were that you could control when the updates installed, but not when they were downloaded. Still looking. Ha!

John Thomson

I have the Pro version, weather it also applies to Home I am unable to test, mine is set to Notify me of updates, it does not download automatically the updates only download when I actually go to settings and updates then I can start the downloads, so even though I know there are updates Its my choice when I go and start downloading them.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I think I found a solution. By setting WiFi to a "Metered Connection" the updates will not download. Then once a week or so at my convenience, I will set it back to un-Metered so it will catch up on MY TIME. Just took a little more searching. Ha! You all convinced me to take another look. Thanks. Your "Group Policy" reference is good for the Pro and Educational versions, but not Home versions. Again Thanks.

ryan20fun

I think I found a solution. By setting WiFi to a "Metered Connection" the updates will not download. Then once a week or so at my convenience, I will set it back to un-Metered so it will catch up on MY TIME. Just took a little more searching. Ha! You all convinced me to take another look. Thanks. Your "Group Policy" reference is good for the Pro and Educational versions, but not Home versions. Again Thanks.
Unfortunetly that does not apply some some modems(like the one I use) where they create a ethernet connection which cannot be set to metered in the same way (if at all).

I read that the Group Policy Editor does not come with the Home version, Only Pro and up.

HTH

Side question(Not trying to derail)
Anyone tried to upgrade via the ISO instead of the toolkit?

John Thomson

I downloaded the ISO image and burnt it to disc, upgraded that way as a few of my friends had trouble upgrading to windows 10 via the update, I rather do a clean install than try and put an operating system on top / merge into another operating system, quicker and easier IMO

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Unfortunetly that does not apply some some modems(like the one I use) where they create a ethernet connection which cannot be set to metered in the same way (if at all).

I read that the Group Policy Editor does not come with the Home version, Only Pro and up.

HTH

Side question(Not trying to derail)
Anyone tried to upgrade via the ISO instead of the toolkit?

Not sure about your modem statement, but the changed setting is not at the modem, but in the OS under WiFi advanced settings. This setting is just confusing the WIN10 by making it think that you are on a metered network. My WIN10 is on a laptop which is connected via Wifi. I guess that possibly, if directly connected via ethernet, etc. this may not be an option.

nikonpup

running windows 10 and lightroom 5.7. When click "help" "system info" it shows windows 8.1 home premium edition. ??why not windows 10??

ryan20fun

running windows 10 and lightroom 5.7. When click "help" "system info" it shows windows 8.1 home premium edition. ??why not windows 10??
It is most like due to how they check what OS it is.
For example when someone else ran some code of my the log said that it was an unknown windows OS.

HTH

Roy1961

Contributor
done this today and everything seems ok, went out shooting and now trying to load my pics, I see them all as NEF files but cant get them over to the NX2 folder, this was an auto thing now I am sitting trying to work it out, what am I missing???