Post your sunset shots

Chris@sabor

DSC_4729.jpg

Chris E

Last weekend a front was moving through and I thought the sunset would be great, but the front was lagging so I blew off trying to capture it. I had stuff on the stove and went outside and saw this. I just grabbed the camera and took a few shots in the road in front of my house to remind myself at a later time how much I had screwed up. It was one of the most incredible sunset I had ever seen. Thankfully, I think the pic looks pretty cool with the houses silhouetted. Enjoy.

DSC_4606.jpg

Joy R

Shade
i used to think i can add the white balance in ViewNX after the shot
but using white balance during the shot completely makes the outcome different!

wornish

Shade
i used to think i can add the white balance in ViewNX after the shot
but using white balance during the shot completely makes the outcome different!

Guess you are shooting in JPEG and not RAW.

If you shoot in RAW you can change the white balance in post processing.

Nice shot by the way.

Joy R

in RAW
yes i can change the setting in post processing. but i think setting it during the shots, makes a lot different

thanks

Blacktop

in RAW
yes i can change the setting in post processing. but i think setting it during the shots, makes a lot different

thanks
Shooting in Raw it makes absolutely no difference. It is even better to just set it to automatic WB shooting RAW, then fix if needed in PP using the eyedrop tool or other methods that you prefer.

Joy R

@RON, Blacktop:

it does Ron, you already set your camera in Manual white balance. Cloudy :)
but not with Auto
when shoot sky with sun, i never had this color with white balance set in auto. there is not much i can do with white balance in post processing unless i bring up heavy saturation. or change the temperature and the tint.

but with manual white balance set during the shots, i don't need to do anything at all. that picture above, i just play around in brightness and shadow in ViewNX. that's it. no saturation. the color comes out amazingly. i don't even need lightroom
i always shoot in RAW

:)

RON_RIP

@RON, Blacktop:

it does Ron, you already set your camera in Manual white balance. Cloudy :)
but not with Auto
when shoot sky with sun, i never had this color with white balance set in auto. there is not much i can do with white balance in post processing unless i bring up heavy saturation. or change the temperature and the tint.

but with manual white balance set during the shots, i don't need to do anything at all. that picture above, i just play around in brightness and shadow in ViewNX. that's it. no saturation. the color comes out amazingly. i don't even need lightroom
i always shoot in RAW

:)
I shoot in raw as well and I have to agree with you. I just shoot a series of photos using every wb icon on my dial and each photo is different, ranging from cool to extra warm.

Danno

My home is on a knob with the view primarily of the eastern sky. The western sky is covered up with trees. This time of year I can get a sunset or two. I just go to the second floor of the house and take a shot.

Sunset and Clouds-1316.jpg

Sunset and Clouds-1321.jpg