Post your Moths & Butterflies

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Re: Lets see your Moths & Butterflies

Thanks Marilynne!!!

You really should get the National Audubon Society Field Guide to Florida. I use it almost every day. Picked it up at Loxahatchee National Park, but I'm sure you can get it online.

Moab Man

Butterfly in Wyoming.

attachment.php

Watoh

Think this is a hummingbird moth.. extremely hard to capture in focus. Fairly low light, hence the high aperture. (60mm, 1/1250sec, F4, iso 3200)

In my garden yesterday.

9134682170_8fa744cfd8_h.jpg
9132465567_de8a22cf3a_b.jpg

Last edited:

richnmib

You really should get the National Audubon Society Field Guide to Florida. I use it almost every day. Picked it up at Loxahatchee National Park, but I'm sure you can get it online.

I got that book today, it is really good and a nice addition to my growing collection of field guides.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

I got that book today, it is really good and a nice addition to my growing collection of field guides.

It was recommended by a marsh naturalist I got to know at the Loxahatchee NP. It's amazing how much I use it!

mikew_RIP

Bought an external HD today to get away from backing up to dvd,but I may do both, anyway been going through my files while putting them on the new HD and had forgotten most of them.

Nikon D70 Sigma 105

DSC_0005.JPG

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Bought an external HD today to get away from backing up to dvd,but I may do both,

Nikon D70 Sigma 105

Doing both sounds like a good idea. Our WD external HD bit the dust a month ago. 2 year warranty is great, but they just swap the drive. Quick service on the exchange.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Zebra Longwing - Florida's state butterfly - highly cropped.
dsc_0699_2285.jpg