Post your Moon Shots

nikonpup

710_3607.JPG

lightcapture

I like this shot's composition, but if I had the ability to replace the moon with another I have that shows its lunar surface, it would be perfect.
I have the free GIMP editing program available, but don't know how to do it, as it's too complicated for me.
MT1_3899 (2).jpeg

Last edited:

blackstar

I like this shot's composition, but if I had the ability to replace the moon with another I have that shows its lunar surface, it would be perfect.
I have the free GIMP editing program available, but don't know how to do it, as it's too complicated for me.
View attachment 401021
It depends on another moon shot you captured. If the size of the moon is the same or similar, it's easy to do a replacement with the layer mask in Gimp. GL

lightcapture

It depends on another moon shot you captured. If the size of the moon is the same or similar, it's easy to do a replacement with the layer mask in Gimp. GL
I have other moon shots w/ lunar surface. No problem w/ size. I just don't know how to do layers.
I also have another night time cloud shot where moon is not behind clouds, so that may be easier to try, but have to research how to do layers combining 2 photos.