New Gear Thread!

Ranie

My new 6ft reflective umbrella and tri-flash mount arrived today.
Tested it a while ago.
_DSC3162 resize.jpg

with gels
_DSC3162color resize.jpg

teejay

Yongnuo 560 flash and their 530 RT's have arrived - just waiting for some gels - will be playing about with off camera flash this weekend... :)

evisphoto

Well, this friday will be new wide angle zoom day! If things go as expected, I will be getting one of these . However, if things go really, really well, I will be bringing home one of these! Lets hope things go really, really well!

So things went Really, REALLY well! One of my first test shots with the Tokina 11-16 2.8!

DSC_5887sm.jpg

DSC_5941sm.jpg

Last edited:

Will V|Photography

The other night I ordered some YongNuo CTR-301P "Poverty Wizard" triggers. Should have those around New Years. Then I'll be getting an umbrella w/ strobe stand and probably another flash. I'm thinking YongNuo YN-560 to compliment my YN-460ii and YN triggers. Thanks China.

Also, I just ordered this bag on sale from Amazon. 60% OFF and free 1-day shipping, until Midnight PST tonight. It might still be on sale after that time but I don't think there will be free shipping. Amazon.com: Case Logic DCB-309 SLR Camera Backpack (Black): Camera & Photo

0085854221481.jpg

Case-Logic-SLR-Camera-Backpack-DCB-309-Zwart.jpg

Case-Logic-SLR-Camera-Backpack-DCB-309-Zwart.jpg

I should have the bag on Friday :cool:

Will V|Photography

What would be really cool is if the aperture blades closed as time progressed and then opened back up at the top of the hour (or it could go hourly and open back up at Noon and Midnight.

RickSawThat

It's a great idea but I'm out of duct tape after wrapping xmas presents ;) I do have some black and some red electrical tape and could make a cool strap from that I suppose. At the least I could cover the Nikon logo on my nifty yellow and black strap I have now.

RickSawThat

That strap is very cool, just checked out the site and video. Did it take a while to get used to it since it's a bit of a different style than most straps or did you just naturally work with it right away?

fotojack

That strap is very cool, just checked out the site and video. Did it take a while to get used to it since it's a bit of a different style than most straps or did you just naturally work with it right away?

It just comes natural, Rick. I think all DSLR's should come with it as standard equipment. It just makes so much sense.

Glassman

Well I added a Bushnell tripod to my bag for Christmas. It is nothing fancy and it lacks the bells and whistles but it is a very sturdy piece of gear that is rated for enough weight to hold any thing I'm going to place on top of it. For what I'm going to use it for I think it will work well.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I am hesitant in getting a Rapid Strap since I always carry my camera with a battery grip + those damn heavy lenses with flash. If I mount that 1/4" screw on the battery grip, that will eventually break since the battery grip is only secured with another 1/4" screw to the camera. It might be best if you don't use a battery grip with your camera.