My name is _______ and I am overweight

Lee-Ann

Ah yes, that sounds like a really good diet.

Congrats on sticking to it and almost reaching your goal, you should be super proud of yourself.

Been a while since I updated this thread so.... Slowly dropping a pound here and a pound there but at least it is not going up. It seems that I will drop a pound and then stick there for a week or so and then drop another pound. From what I have read losing it slowly is actually better. That means that is is a lifestyle change and not just a fad diet.

At my weight-in this morning I have now lost 37.4 pounds That is 16.9 kilos or 2.67 stones (anyone here still use stones as a measure of weight?)

RocketCowboy

Good time to update this thread!

I've been lazy, but we did get a new gym membership two weeks ago and have been going regularly over the last two weeks. Been regularly doing 3-4 days a week, and finally starting to see the lbs dropping. Probably more important, my scale also measure body fat percentage and I've seen that drop a couple of points even while actual weight may be stable for a couple days.

Not anything as amazing as what you all have seen, but it's a start for me!

traceyjj

Mine fell by the wayside while I was looking after my mum, not really caring what I ate and no gym visits for almost 2 months made me put on a stone (14lb?)

I started back at the gym a little over 2 weeks ago, taking it easy the first week, putting more effort in last week, and this week I am trying to now get back to my previous fitness level... and start to recalculate my goals

Well done to all of you that have kept up with it all along!

Danno

Went on a diet for the first time yesterday. We will see how it goes. Recent doctor/lab reports show that my blood sugar and triglycerides are high. On some serious meds that screw up my liver and others that screw up my kidneys. Loosing weight would help both of those organs so that they could handle the meds better. I found a weight loss doctor that made a lot of sense and did not sound like a quack. He looked at my labs and at my meds list and explained how they were all connected. Low carbs and no Coke Zero anymore. That is what I will miss more than anything. I can still eat bacon for breakfast though so we know the doctor is on my side.

Wish me luck.

Good Luck Don! Loosing weight is tough... but hey with bacon it has to be easier. :)

Roy1961

Contributor
I gained 10lbs over xmas eating everything in sight, 5lbs off again and back onto my regular eating habits.

PS I did enjoy it.

Last edited: