Moab Man's 366 in 2016

Moab Man

MM what am i looking at here, reflections? studied this for a few days, still none the wiser. lol

I did this one intentionally to make a persons brain chew and grind on it. Wendy did the same as you, but once I explained it it was clear.

This is picture of a tree reflecting in a almost still stream. The picture is upside down to right the tree reflection. The top and the bottom are the rocks/grass along the stream edge. Furthering adding to the bit of odd look to the tree is the snow balancing on the branches. In the upper right corner you can see rocks in the bed of the stream underwater. The top center rock has parts of tree branches that come out of it. That would be where the large rock is slightly underwater.

Hope you like it. I saw the reflection in the water and found it interesting in a twisted way so I took the picture.

Moab Man

Jan 27 of my Photography Project 366 - Composite of a crow I shot today with a leaf photo the other day.

W_DSC_1171.jpg

Moab Man

You take amazing images and provide inspiration to keep learning how to progress my skills!

Never hesitate to ask if there is something you want to know. People on this forum are amazing with being willing to share their knowledge and how-to. The only time I see people get irritated is when someone asks for help, but the person asking isn't actually listening and argues what is being shared.

Thank you for your compliment.

Moab Man

Mmm, mmm, mmm, cold Canadian Crow Soup. I imagine it's best served with a side of iceberg lettuce.

Ooops, I think this post might belong in the bad jokes forum thread.

Moab Man

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Jan 28 of my Photography Project 366 - Raven[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Apparently, my friend @Wendy with the lopsided flower photo, has informed me that my ornithology sucks. She tells me my so called crow is actually a Raven. My response? They're both black birds. So... to correct my ornithology vernacular, here is my Raven photo.

[/FONT]
W_DSC_1183.jpg
[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Moab Man

Jan 29 of my Photography Project 366

Recently, someone with too much money, paid $1.05 million for the picture of a potato. Sure, the photographer gave some BS about how it represents human existence or some garbage like that. So in the spirit of wasting money for a line of crap, here is today's photo and my line of BS so someone will buy my potato photo.

This boudoir potato photo represents the female form with all the curves being ever so lightly kissed by the play of the light. The delicate lighting creates an animalistic wanton desire by those that want to see more, but in a sexy manner, I've used the darkness combined with the light to entice the senses flirtatiously... yes no yes no YES NO DON'T STOP DON'T STOP.

Or... it's a freaking potato for God's sake stuck on the end of a metal rod and placed in a closet with a single diffused flash lighting it. However, if you are so stinking rich that you have too much money laying around and need to spend it somewhere then I ask you to refer to the above explanation as the one I just gave may be a result of my drinking.

W_Potato.jpg

Lawrence

Great thread!
Soe amazing photos here MM but that potato ...

let's just say it had me wondering if you were drinking the same as the guy who paid the mill.

Roy1961

Contributor
Jan 29 of my Photography Project 366

Recently, someone with too much money, paid $1.05 million for the picture of a potato. Sure, the photographer gave some BS about how it represents human existence or some garbage like that. So in the spirit of wasting money for a line of crap, here is today's photo and my line of BS so someone will buy my potato photo.

This boudoir potato photo represents the female form with all the curves being ever so lightly kissed by the play of the light. The delicate lighting creates an animalistic wanton desire by those that want to see more, but in a sexy manner, I've used the darkness combined with the light to entice the senses flirtatiously... yes no yes no YES NO DON'T STOP DON'T STOP.

Or... it's a freaking potato for God's sake stuck on the end of a metal rod and placed in a closet with a single diffused flash lighting it. However, if you are so stinking rich that you have too much money laying around and need to spend it somewhere then I ask you to refer to the above explanation as the one I just gave may be a result of my drinking.

View attachment 196628

I might be interested if I saw her naked?

Dawg Pics

Jan 28 of my Photography Project 366 - Raven

Apparently, my friend @Wendy with the lopsided flower photo, has informed me that my ornithology sucks. She tells me my so called crow is actually a Raven. My response? They're both black birds. So... to correct my ornithology vernacular, here is my Raven photo.

A biologist was asked to finally determine whether crows and ravens are really two different birds. This has been a matter of some conjecture for quite some time. Given only a cursory glance, these birds appear to be one and the same.

The biologist spent considerable time watching the birds in their habitat and logging hours of observations. The observations did not appear to provide any conclusive evidence that crows and ravens are different.

The biologist performed dissections of ravens and crows and found that their internal workings appeared to be similar. No significant difference was found.

The biologist then performed very careful examinations of two live birds. One a raven and the other a crow. The heads and beaks are remarkably similar. The size and shapes of the birds' bodies did not show much difference. Even the legs and feet of the birds were similar.

But, at last, a breakthrough. The long feathers at the tip of a birds wings, the pinion feathers, provided the conclusion that ravens and crows differ. A raven has four pinion feathers and a crow has five pinion feathers.

So...........................

The difference between ravens and crows is a matter of a pinion!

I had to look that joke up. I couldn't remember the set-up for the punch line.

Last edited: