Moab Man 2014 Project 365

Moab Man

Day 2 - Winter Grape Vine

Day2Vine.jpg

Moab Man

Day 3 - College of Woodchucks

Some may call it a six-pack. However, the correct term for a group of Woodchuck is College. This middle of the night hunting trip went well as I managed to take down all six of them and am currently working on skinning each one. It's a tough job, but it takes tough people to step up and do the necessary hard work.

Day3Woodchucks.jpg

Deezey

Some may call it a six-pack. However, the correct term for a group of Woodchuck is College. This middle of the night hunting trip went well as I managed to take down all six of them and am currently working on skinning each one. It's a tough job, but it takes tough people to step up and do the necessary hard work.

View attachment 65228

so what's the bag limit on those suckers?

Moab Man

Love this one i must try this type of lighting later in the year

Nothing hard in this shot.

Found grape vine tendril.
Went out at night with a flashlight, camera, and flash.
Used the flashlight to have enough light to auto focus.
Turned down the flash intensity very low.
Backed up to increase depth of field as I'm shooting at night and didn't want to do a long exposure (it's winter and cold) at a tighter aperture for the increased depth of field.
Used a paint brush in post to cut the tendril from the rest.
Painted/cropped out the rest of the tendril and vine to get just what I needed.

Here is the untouched original.
Day2VineExplained.jpg

Last edited:

mikew_RIP

Thank you,i would have to try the on camera flash or my TTL ring flash on manual as a flash gun is not any where on my list of wants.

Moab Man

Ime not a child picture person but i love this one,i think its the eyes that do it

I don't even like babies, really, I don't. Nor do I like shooting people. However, my portfolio of people of various ages keeps growing.

Thanks for the compliment.

BackdoorArts

View attachment 65228

My experience with removing a College of Woodchucks is that I've always regretted it the next day. Much as after discarding an Abbey of Champagnes.

Moab Man

Day 5 - A Great Day

Today, my wife braved the cold (sometimes single digit) to go out and shoot with me. Her pictures are improving and she is starting to figure out her way around her camera. Couldn't ask for a better day than one spent with my best friend shooting buffalo.

Day5Tami.jpg

Last edited:

Moab Man

Continued... Day 5 - Antelope Island State Park, Utah

Now that I have had a little rest; here are some shots from the day.

Buffalo - I was jealous. The wife had the 500mm and could darn near reach out and pick their noses.
Day5Buffalo.jpg