Marcel's once in a while daily or weekly 2014

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Jan 6th and 7th. Didn't have time to post yesterday but I was enjoying my grand-daughter's company, playing with living sands... :)

Baby sitting jan 6th.jpg

And today's too cold to shoot outside so I got this shot of the window to show how cold the colour temperature is outside. ;)

How cold.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
January 12th.

It's been a few days that I haven't picked up my camera. I had to take care of my mom and other things to do. So, tonight we cooked spaghetti squash, filled with sauce and fried mushrooms. A real delight for the palate and eyes.

D700, 24-120 f4 VR @120, iso 2500, 1/60 f-5

Spagetti squash.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
January 13th. 2 HDR shots done after work.

First one processed with Nik analog:
1MC_2186_7_8_tonemapped.jpg

And a straight or almost from Photomatix:
1MC_2180_1_2_tonemapped.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
January 17th.

I got to work on this piano this morning and I just couldn't believe how dirty the keys were. So I took pictures to show the Faculty and asked them to take action and ask students to wash BEFORE using the pianos. With the cold season, it's unhealthy for students to play piano on such a dirty keyboard.

Here's the before and after cleaning pic.

D700 24-2-120 VR, iso 1600, 1/15s @ f5.6.
janv17.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
January 17th.

I got to work on this piano this morning and I just couldn't believe how dirty the keys were. So I took pictures to show the Faculty and asked them to take action and ask students to wash BEFORE using the pianos. With the cold season, it's unhealthy for students to play piano on such a dirty keyboard.

Here's the before and after cleaning pic.

D700 24-2-120 VR, iso 1600, 1/15s @ f5.6.
View attachment 67516

Marcel, what type of material are the keys made from? Are they traditional wooden keys with ivory or plastic hammer-weighted keys? There's nothing quite like wooden keys IMHO. :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Marcel, what type of material are the keys made from? Are they traditional wooden keys with ivory or plastic hammer-weighted keys? There's nothing quite like wooden keys IMHO. :)

They are wood and the keys are covered with real ivory.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks Marilynne, I have a few more I'm trying to upload, but the new server either isn't ready for me or something but I just can't upload for now. I hope this get fixed soon today.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
John's last post was at 6:29 this morning. He's working on it. At least I figured out when the message pops up to leave or stay on page, hit leave instead of stay.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
January 19th. The weather is a little on the flat side so I decided to go B&W for today's picture.

jan 19th.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
January 21st.

These are the last pictures of snow that you'll see from me this week. It's -22 celcius (-7.6 F) and I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Florida for a week.

So enjoy the look of cold snow while it's here. I might not be very active on the forum for the next few days, but I think my sister has a fast connection down there, so if time permits, I'll post a few.

I'm going with only a 28-80mm and a 50mm. I might miss my better lenses, but I'm not going to haul them all the way.

Todays pics done with D700 and Tamron 28-200 XR lens.

1MC_2199.jpg

1MC_2198.jpg

1MC_2205.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Have a great vacation. We're expecting another cold front moving through tonight, but mid 40's to upper 60's will feel like summer to you.

nikonpup

i am sure you would do well with just a point and hope. Enjoy your time off snowbird, marilynne should be inside so you have a good chance of not being shot. :)