Marcel's once in a while daily or weekly 2014

RON_RIP

Well, I was lucky to find a used Df with someone that just needed money to pay for tuition and ready to take my D600 in exchange. Otherwise I'd have stayed with the D600 and would probably be very happy with it. I can't say the difference would be worth the $ difference if bought new. I was just seeing the value of my D600 go down with the arrival of the 610 and 750. I'd say that if you could get your hands on a D600 for around 1100.00 $, you'd be very happy with it. Newer models always have something the older ones don't, but at a price. It's when you consider the price difference and you realize that you could use another lens more than a newer body that you think twice.

So I'll repeat what I've been told and have known for a long time: Invest in lenses and use whatever body you have until you have all the lenses you want.
Well that is certainly good advice. I shoot the D7000 and am generally quite please with it but would probably jump to the DF if I was ever able to afford full frame, but would have to get new glass also. Will probably take your advise and move to all fx lenses before I change bodies.

Krs_2007

Well that is certainly good advice. I shoot the D7000 and am generally quite please with it but would probably jump to the DF if I was ever able to afford full frame, but would have to get new glass also. Will probably take your advise and move to all fx lenses before I change bodies.

Thats great advice and is what I did. I started buying FX glass with the intention of going FX, found a deal on a 600 and got rid of the 7000. Now I am on the look out for a great deal on a second FX body, maybe even mirror-less but no rush. So buy glass and keep your eye out on a good FX body if you choose to go that route if not the FX glass will server you well on the DX body.

RON_RIP

I am beginning to suspect that having fx lenses should be a goal for everyone, regardless of which camera body they are using. I wonder if Dx will become a thing of the past within the next decade.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I am beginning to suspect that having fx lenses should be a goal for everyone, regardless of which camera body they are using. I wonder if Dx will become a thing of the past within the next decade.

I don't think that Dx will disappear. The way things are going, camera sales in general are going down, being replaced by phones for the great majority. But even when one wants to stay in Dx, it's worthwhile to get the best lens before upgrading the camera. I've had a D90, 7000, 700, 600 and now Df and with good lenses, my D90 was capable of great pictures. Fx is better for low light, but light being the main photographic element, without it it's not even worth to take a picture sometimes. So I think that high iso performances are sometimes over rated except by pro photographers that absolutely need high iso performances in order to put bread and butter on their tables.