Marcel's 2016 occasional photos

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Two night shots as practice for this month's challenge. With a temperature of Minus 15 Celsius (F), I didn't last too long with the D700.

View of our downtown ski hill, not big but very close and cheap for families and kids. That's where I learned how to ski a long time ago.

Mont Bellevue by might.jpg

White street in Sherbrooke is where Line lives. you can see my car just below the burnt street lamp.
White Street.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nostalgia day today with picture of Line's antique radio. I took out my trusty 50 mm 1.8 D and fired away. :)
RADIO1.jpg

radio2.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I attended a LightRoom training session offered by my local photography club. I guess it was about time I learned the right way to build and manage a photo library with LR. Glad I attended.

Formation André Garant.jpg

RockyNH_RIP

I attended a LightRoom training session offered by my local photography club. I guess it was about time I learned the right way to build and manage a photo library with LR. Glad I attended.

Very nice... I think I need to find a local phot group and get involved too!

Pat in GA

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Just had a bit of time to play with the camera this morning and my now famous spray paint can with a glass eye.

le poisson.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
It's been a long time since I did a piano person. So here's a special one. He's my cousin that I hadn't seen since about 5 years.

Jean-pierre N oil.jpg

jP.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
One thing I'd like to mention is the shutter speed for the preceding shots. I was kind of distracted and did not raise my iso enough. So I ended up with 1/25th with a 105 lens WITHOUT VR... The Df seems to be more stable than the D600. But with people, I had a few where the person moved enough to make the shots unusable. I hope I'll take more time and carefulness next time.