Marcel's 2016 occasional photos

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
My daily shots are all of the same subject with different crops.

grange-.jpg

grange-3660.jpg

grange-3662.jpg

grange-3665.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Cold it is today up here. But I took a few morning shots of the snow and it's shadow. A bit on the abstract side though.

l'ombre de l'ombre.jpg

N71_3132.jpg

N71_3144.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
What to do on a stormy day... We got about 12 inches of fresh snow, so after the shoveling and snowplowing, I took pics of the cat that took control of our X-Mas tree.

MCA_3711.jpg

And then a bit of practice with photoshop, trying to do a pencil drawing type of processing. Not really what I was after, but good practice after all.

MCA_3708.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Impressive DOF for f/5 at 70mm!
It's the older 35-70 2.8. I take it out when the weather is bad because it doesn't have much electronics inside if any (no VR, mechanical aperture levers, no focusing motor and switches) and if anything goes bad, my loss won't be as much as if I'd take the modern 24-70 2.8.

hrstrat57

It's the older 35-70 2.8. I take it out when the weather is bad because it doesn't have much electronics inside if any (no VR, mechanical aperture levers, no focusing motor and switches) and if anything goes bad, my loss won't be as much as if I'd take the modern 24-70 2.8.

It's a great lens though I do find it a bit heavy for walkarounds.....

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
A few available light pictures from yesterday's X-mas dinner at my sister. Df 6400 iso with 35 Ai f2 and 50 1.8 D. Not so easy to manually focus when the light is so dim...

DSC_7321.jpg

DSC_7324.jpg

DSC_7328.jpg

DSC_7354.jpg