Likes system updated - Best answer, Unthank/Unlike and Dislike added

PapaST

Thanks @jdeg i dont like the dislike but ime happier if its out of the photo forums,i just hope ime wrong,we lost a couple of valuable members on my previous forum because of misuse and it was too late to get them back,it would be better if you could only dislike a post if you quoted it in a reply explaining why.

I'm disliking your dislike for the dislike button. ;)

Michael J.

Let's see how it turns out. After a while on a test running we can suggest what should be better renamed or given away. But even the dislike button is there, it doesn't mean I have to hit it. I can also replay to a post showing that I dislike it.

weebee

I just disliked @weebee post, but I don't like that it only says 1 member disliked this post.
It should say Blacktop disliked this post. If I'm going to dislike something, I want that person to know who it was. I don't want to hide behind my dislike.

And I just disliked you, nah,nah,nah! I agree. And that's what I was trying to convey.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
We could change it from "Dislike" to "Useless Response"

On another forum I go to they have a "STFU" button. Lets add that as well.... LOL

change it to disagree and have them post thier reasons???

It's a good start Jdeg, but we need to go further than this. How bout some more buttons. ie...

I like you.
I don't like you.
Stop whining.
You're annoying sometimes.
Can I borrow that lens.
This picture hurts my eyes.
Is that a Tamzooka in your pocket or are you just glad to see me.
Oh no! Not this sh*& again!
Do you have anything constructive to say or are you just here to make jokes?

:highly_amused:

In addition, may I suggest a "Facepalm (This Post)" button?
hahaha. How about just " shrug_n.gif Meh..."

I just disliked @weebee post, but I don't like that it only says 1 member disliked this post.
It should say Blacktop disliked this post. If I'm going to dislike something, I want that person to know who it was. I don't want to hide behind my dislike.

I agree Mike. Anonymous dislikes are a recipe for trouble. If you dislike something then at least you should have to the explain why.
In human interaction likes are a positive expression but dislikes are ten times more powerful because they are negative and people react more.
One of the great things on this forum is the positive helpful mindset I would hate to lose that.

Yeah, I see the pros and cons of this...

kevy73

I like the changes, but on some threads I can only see a best answer or dislike, there is no thanks/like.

Is this meant to be? Or should there still be a like/thanks, dislike and best answer?

Blacktop

I like the changes, but on some threads I can only see a best answer or dislike, there is no thanks/like.

Is this meant to be? Or should there still be a like/thanks, dislike and best answer?

Might be something at your end. I see in this thread, Thanks/Like..Dislike..Best Answer..Blog This Post, and some triangle thing.
Is this what you see in your browser?

kevy73

yeah me too Blacktop, but in in the How / when / why did you get into photography thread, all I can see is Dislike, Best Answer....

hmmmmmm

Blacktop

I just looked over on the left, and under thanks.likes given, and thanks/like received there is a new thing called,"best answers received"

wev

Contributor

I agree completely; anonymous and unexplained dislikes are purely useless. If I can't be bothered to actually post a reply with my dislike or am unwilling to have it known that I pushed the button, then I do not deserve to comment at all. As it stands, I will not use the feature, no matter the temptation. Then again, if I could dislike my own posts, I might make an exception now and again. . .

kevy73

No I didn't Don. They were new posts that I read this morning when I logged on. The initial ones from last night I had liked, but the ones that were written while I was tucked up tight in bed I could only mark as best answer... no thank / like

wev

Contributor
I am seeing different options on various pages -- some all, some not. The posts on the Flower thread only have Thank/Like.

Eyelight

If a post is disliked into the darkness, does it flag it for staff to have a look see to make certain it was worthy of removal?