Is the Nikon D600 the perfect enthusiast FX camera?

Photowyzard

Hold on to your hats, the rumour mill is heating up! :)

Nikon Rumors

A D600 announcement is pretty much likely now, if what the article has to say is accurate and I believe it is.

However, the price point and feature set lead me to believe the D800 is still the better buy!

Although this is a great camera for the specs, for $300 more, you can get the King of Cameras and dumb it down to a D600 when you need to.

1 extra fps is all I can see as being the difference, from the little I have read. Not enough to convince me if I was in the market.

Dave_W

The Dude
Hold on to your hats, the rumour mill is heating up! :)

Nikon Rumors

A D600 announcement is pretty much likely now, if what the article has to say is accurate and I believe it is.

However, the price point and feature set lead me to believe the D800 is still the better buy!

Although this is a great camera for the specs, for $300 more, you can get the King of Cameras and dumb it down to a D600 when you need to.

1 extra fps is all I can see as being the difference, from the little I have read. Not enough to convince me if I was in the market.

$2700???? Naw...that dog won't hunt!

Redneck10.jpg

aZuMi

$2700???? Naw...that dog won't hunt!

Not $2,700. But most likely $2,000 or $2,100. Still not bad! KR estimated $2,400 and the rest were in the $1,500-$1,800 mark. I think ball park of $2,000 to $2,100 is about right - especially if it's a FX body.

As per NR:
The US prices of Nikon gear are usually lower, but at that point I think we can forget about a sub-$2,000 full frame Nikon camera. The D800 costs around ¥298,000 in Japan and $3000 in the US. With this ratio, I expect the D600 US price to be around $2,100.

Read more on NikonRumors.com: Nikon D600 price in Japan: ¥215,000 (around $2,700) | Nikon Rumors

ckm

If the D600 is forthcoming and anything close to the leaked specs and price, I want one and I already have the money sitting in my piggy bank ..... it's the funds I've been saving for a D800 ever since it released and I still don't have enough! :)

Eye-level

Banned
It is still more expensive down under too...and I think the DR puts the nail in the coffin on the D700...not that the D700 is a bad camera by no means! :)

fotojack

I had the pleasure of actually holding one in my hands today at The Camera Store's f16th Anniversary. :) This is some camera! Even the Nikon reps at the booth were just bubbling all over it! I got a nice shot of it with the 85 1.8 lens on it. Nice!! :)

Attachments

• DSC_1257.jpg
    DSC_1257.jpg
    876.4 KB · Views: 6,782

aZuMi

I had the pleasure of actually holding one in my hands today at The Camera Store's f16th Anniversary. :) This is some camera! Even the Nikon reps at the booth were just bubbling all over it! I got a nice shot of it with the 85 1.8 lens on it. Nice!! :)

Wow, that's awesome! Can you tell us the feel of it compared to D7000? Thanks