How many here are still shooting with

SuperMomma0206

My first dslr was the d3000. I absolutely loved it! I upgraded to the d5000 because of the live view, which I never use (lag with auto focus)! I also recently bought the d7000. I love using both of the cameras!

Eye-level

Banned
I still use my D5000 although I haven't been doing so lately. I am ready to move beyond it a bit even though it is a fantastic rig. I want a Fuji S5 Pro. I'm going for portraits, dynamic range that hadn't been rivalled until the D3, and a built in AF motor and weatherproof metal body. It is an older camera with less megapixels and a special sensor. I'm after skin and glowing popping colors and the S5 does those things very very well better than most up to the D3 and D800. Don't get me wrong though the D5K is a very very good camera but I want a different tool nowadays.

speedandstyle

I have a D5000 and love it for the most part. Hard to use with my legacy lenses but works flawlessly with the couple of AFS lenses I have. They were out for about 2 years before being replaced. I know because I got mine almost one year after they came out and it was about 6 months before I heard about the D5100{official announcement}. The one thing I know that is better on the D5100 over the D500 is that the hinge for the flip screen is on the side instead of the bottom. On the bottom it is impossible to switch the screen with it mounted on a tripod.

Eye-level

Banned
Yeah mine is hard to use with legacy lenses too but when you get a keeper it is usually a damn good one. Myself I am getting better at getting keepers and that is what makes it fun for me. :)

Nokkie

I have the D5000 but lately feel as though i am outgrowing it i love it i have learn t so much with my Nikki as she is affectionately known:) . Was going to upgrade to the D7000 but i am going to keep saving & get the D600 .

I own/use my d3000. I love my camera. It has beautiful quality. I can't wait to buy new lenses to gain more experience with different lenses. I bought my d3000 almost 4 years ago in 2009. Right now, I wish I could use it but I cannot I left it at my husbands parents house inDominican republic. But I'll be getting it back shortly. It's like buying it over again lol. As of right now I'm using a Olympic sz-10 camera it allows me to take great pictures, but It doesn't have the quality as my d3000

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
D5000.jpg

piperbarb

I'm still using my D3000 which I bought almost 3 years ago. It was my first (and still only) DSLR, and it has been serving me very well since day 1. Even my spousal unit, who is a technophobe, and definitely not into photography, can use it without a hitch. It reminds me a lot of the N8008, which I had. I bought it when I realized I needed to finally bite the bullet and go digital. It replaced the 8008 and F4, both of which had served me very well for many years. I bought it because, at the time, that was all I could afford, and I did not have to give up any of my lenses. I don't mind that my AF lenses from my F4 could only be used on manual focus, but at least they work! :)

I am planning on getting the D7000 some time soon, but I will keep the D3000 as a back up. I happen to like the camera, even though a lot of reviewers were not happy with it. It has taken excellent photos, is light enough to carry around all day, and I just like it.

tektoo2

I am new here and i am still using my D3000. I love this camera. Although i will be upgradding to a d5100 or a D600 soon, i will never let this camera go...lol

Its worked for me through many a photoshoot and will stay in my bag!

mikeh32217

I've had a D5000 for a couple of years now and love but looking to upgrade in the next couple of months.
I love the outdoors and have dragged it everywhere with me so it's taken a lickin and kept on clickin. :)

Bartram Canoe Trail.jpg

piperbarb

I have had a D3000 for more than 3 years, and also bought a D7000 in February. I love the D3000 because it is light, small, and totally uncomplicated to use. I find I use it as my carry around camera. I just put it in my purse, and go.

I have had my D5000 for just gone 4 years now and am finally thinking about upgrading. I don't know if my skill set is advanced enough for that yet though. I've just got back off holiday in the south of France and my photos are looking shocking :sorrow: I don't know if it's my camera body or my lens though!

mikeh32217

I have had a D3000 for more than 3 years, and also bought a D7000 in February. I love the D3000 because it is light, small, and totally uncomplicated to use. I find I use it as my carry around camera. I just put it in my purse, and go.

Same reason I like and haven't gotten rid of my D5000 I throw it in my backpack and hit the trail. It's not as light as a P&S but it takes good pictures and easy to use.

mikeh32217

I have had my D5000 for just gone 4 years now and am finally thinking about upgrading. I don't know if my skill set is advanced enough for that yet though. I've just got back off holiday in the south of France and my photos are looking shocking :sorrow: I don't know if it's my camera body or my lens though!

Post us some of your pictures and let's see what they look like.

Dave_W

The Dude
I still use my D70s, nothing wrong with it at all. It's especially good to use when I go shooting in scary places like TJ or some of the not-so-good places here in San Diego

KWJams

Let us take a look at some of your shots so we can see what is going on and if we can help.

I still use my D70s, nothing wrong with it at all. It's especially good to use when I go shooting in scary places like TJ or some of the not-so-good places here in San Diego
_DSC0280.jpg
That's at 105mm, 1/750 shutter speed and f5.3.

Soho 017.jpg
That's at 22mm, 1/350 shutter speed and f3.8.

It's a DX 18-200mm lens. My 35mm 1.8 is much better...in fact, I nearly never get an unfocused shot from it (unless it's from choosing the wrong manual settings :p). I've never had a great amount of success with this lens...I've never really 'gelled' with it, if that makes sense? Sometimes my 18-200 is bang on, but it seems like I have to have the perfect, natural ambient light for it to behave. On a day with too much light (either sunny or that dreaded bright white sky from cloud cover), forget it. It's not horrible, just not sharp. I think my lens is just a cranky old woman!