February Assignment: Light and it's SHADOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Blaylock

Re: February Assignment: Light and its SHADOW

But going by Marcel's examples it appears light does not have to include the source. Light is cast.. so you can include light without its actual source being included. Do you not think?

That does seem to be true. Of the samples in the OP, only one might comply with my interpretation. But the wording seems clear to me. “Light and its shadow” would seem to mean that the shadow must belong to—that is, be cast from—the light which appears in the picture.

paul04

Sunrise in the park.

sunrise and blue sky..jpg

egosbar

part of my 52 challenge , this is the shot im using for the silouette theme , putting together a book featuring the 52 photos which im linking to golf , gift for my sons coach

silhouette jpeg.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Entry #1

Not lazy, just lack experience so I am going to submit the same photo for both the monthly and weekly challenges. Hopefully in the next couple of days I will be able to come up with something else for the month.

blue_shdw_light-cr.jpg

Sunlight is dusting some of the mountain tops and clouds creating shadows on the others.

STM

I LOVE shooting old houses. The myriad textures make images like this one. This image was taken inside a long abandoned farmhouse in Beresford, SD. Nikon F4s, 24mm f/2.8 AIS Nikkor and Kodak T-Max 100. There was not a lot of light, the exposure was 1 second @ f/5.6

STM

Another one from the old abandoned house in Beresford SD. This was a shed outside the house. Nikon F4s, 24mm f/2.8 AIS with Kodak T-Max 100. Again, the textures, along with the diagonal line from light to shadow, is what really makes this image

STM

Last one, from an upstairs bedroom in the farmhouse, again Nikon F4s and 24mm f/2.8 Nikkor and Kodak T-Max 100. There were cancelled checks strewn around this bedroom dating to 1942!!!

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Entry #2 Lacking anything else and the month is coming to a close, I will break down and enter this shot which I already posted in my 365 area photos.

agua_c-path-a.jpg
Wandering off into the shadows.

SkvLTD

Out of nowhere but catching up with my mom, something was bugging me on the wall...

Either of these 2 for entry #1, but for practical purposes lets say 1 and 2. More of "making of really"...

DSC_0559.jpgDSC_0562.jpg

Felisek

I took these two pictures earlier this month and I hoped to find something better, but February is almost finished, so this is all I have.

Entry #2
1MG_4406.jpg

Bob Blaylock

Re: February Assignment: Light and its SHADOW

Third entry…

A room filled with artificial fog by my fog machine, a magnetron with a light some distance behind it, casting shadows into the fog.

Stock 18-55mm lens on my D3200, focal length 34mm, ISO 100, aperture ƒ/16, shutter speeds of 2, 1, and 1/50 of a second, HDRed with GeoHDR

geoHDR_csc_7462_csc_7460_csc_7463n.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Last day for posting your images on this Assignment.

You can also go through the whole thread and select your preferred images.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Please enter your choice for the winning pictures. The Assignment is now closed for submissions but open for judging.

Status
Not open for further replies.