Eyelight's Rest of the Story

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Ran into Lee again, standing in the same spot, sipping from the same mug.

Actually, I borrowed the cap, laid it upside down on a table and got a shot I could cut the back of the cap out and layered it under the cap he was wearing before.

Good fix Eyelight. Good practice for serious work later. Ha!

Eyelight

Great job, something for me to look into. The fix to the hat made a difference for sure.

To make an epic tale short, when I started, I was thinking all I need to do is erase the visible person. In the process of shooting, realized the bent arm holding the mug would hide the sleeve of the shirt, so took a shot with the arm straight.

Starting PS, realized the inside of the sleeve and back collar of the shirt would need to be rebuilt. But rebuilding the mug handle and wedding band looked a bit tough, so I shot those both separate. As noted earlier, forgot the back of the hat until I had it cued up for the initial post, at which juncture I was overwhelmed with lackadaisilitis <<Brand New Word, may have never been heard before.

Eyelight

I almost forgot about these little fellers. They were hiding near the cannon. Almost dark and in the shadows. I could just barely tell something was there, before the AF assist lit them up.

"A Shot in the Dark"
140712_DSC_0381_1000.jpg

Eyelight

Sometime you have an idea; an image in your head. So, you play around with it, try a little this and a little that and the next thing you know, you've created something you can't even recognize yourself.

Another abstract photo is born.
140726_DSC_0053_1000_PSE_Abstract.jpg

Eyelight

This series is kind of corny and a little soft due to the window I was hiding behind.

I've got corn and you don't. HA! Get any closer and I'll bite you like this!!
140805_DSC_0080_1000.jpg

What's that? You want my corn and you have weapons??
140805_DSC_0082_1000.jpg

You'll have to catch me first.
140805_DSC_0085_1000.jpg

Eyelight

So, I notice some folks create camera headed avatars. I suppose they maybe are just making selfies in the mirror with their camera in the action position.

Anyway, thought it would be fun, but needed a bigger camera than my D3200 to hide behind, so thought I would pick the Nord Model 201 that we used 30+ years ago in the studio.

Nord_Head.jpg

Last edited:

Eyelight

Was playing with an image for the Contrasting Colors Challenge. This little leaf was close to being half red and half green. I helped it a bit, but by the time I got where I liked it, it seem to go awry of the challenge. It did lead me to another idea, I plan to try later today.

140824_DSC_0237_1000_PSE.jpg