Eye-level's Area 52

fotojack

About 12 bucks sir...expensive photo huh? And I didn't even get prints!!!

The only downside of getting the new camera is that you all are going to get sick and tired at looking at the hundreds of marginal photographs that I'll be posting more of...LOL

$12. I rest my case. :)

And don't get carried away with hundreds of photos. I WILL come down hard on you! ;) LOL

Obir

Ahh...now the real fun begins. Learning a new camera.
You'll love being able to take all the shots you want without worrying about processing/film cost. Makes learning a lot faster in my opinion. Instant gratification:)

Enjoy!

Eye-level

Banned
All I need to know is how to set the shutter speed and iso, where the white balance control is, and how to use raw or jpeg...I have all the rest covered...

Eye-level

Banned
I think I am going to start calling my F2 Ma Deuce...the new camera is going to be like a lightsaber! :)

MaDeuceI.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
Went to the air and space museum today...had to post these even though they are shot with my zeiss cosina lensed Sony P&S (it sucks big time)...

fighterjet.jpg

tailpipe.jpg

Last edited:

PhotoAV8R

The Black Aces no longer use the F-14 Tomcat...
Neither does anyone else - they left the fleet in late 2006. Never flew it as I was an attack guy = air-to-mud.

When "Top Gun" came out, we used to tell the fighter pukes, "Fighter guys make movies, Attack guys make history."

Then, when "Flight of the Intruder" came out, they would tell us, "Fighter guys make movies. Attack guys make bad movies."

Yeah...I still miss it...

Eye-level

Banned
OK called KEH...they are sold out of D5000s that are like new (change the website then)...they do have EX+ so I said send it to me NOW dang it! lol The guy said he will try to overnight it or at the very least send it two day shipping at no extra charge...then he tells me that the non AI lens I bought won't work on that camera...whatevvuh sucka! Send me the equipment I'm about to have a runaway!!! LOL

Eye-level

Banned
OK have the camera in hand waiting for the battery to charge...initial impression - the viewfinder sucks!!! (Then again there is probably not a viewfinder made on any camera anywhere that is equal to the DE-1...I'm spoiled I guess)

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
First shot...I intuitively understood the controls white balance iso etc right out of the box...first picture shot through camera by me, a very uncooperative sour faced pimple nosed model (I love him though haha), and the legendary background burner the 105/2.5 on F4 shutter @ 500...

Looks kind of rough coming through photobucket plus I burnt out his face...is there a better way than photobucket?

jewell.jpg

Last edited:

Just-Clayton

i used to repair the camera on the f-14 tomcat. was on the USS Kennedy in 88-89 when we shot down lybian migs. i miss those days. got a free 6 month mediteranian cruise.