Ever feel ashamed about your D3100?

wornish

You can give a dummy a 3000$ camera ....it doesn't mean they are good photographers......man I should add that to my signature...lol.seriously a good photographer understand the basics of composting and could make a great photo with a 50$ camera........hence my large collection of parts...lol

Your typo made me smile.

Assume you meant to say compositing.

Bill16

Though it hasn't been that long, I feel nostalgic, and miss my D3100! Of course I would have saved it along with all my DSLRs if I could have! But I guess I'll mourn the loss of my D90, my D5100, and finally my first DSLR the D3100, but not too much now that I have my D300 Nikon's, D700 and my Nikon 1 V1 to play with! Lol :D

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Though it hasn't been that long, I feel nostalgic, and miss my D3100! Of course I would have saved it along with all my DSLRs if I could have! But I guess I'll mourn the loss of my D90, my D5100, and finally my first DSLR the D3100, but not too much now that I have my D300 Nikon's, D700 and my Nikon 1 V1 to play with! Lol :D

My buddy.....always trade up as you have done!

Whiskeyman

I don't have a D3100, and likely never will, but I'll tell anyone with any camera that they should never be ashamed of it. I still have my D90, and it is older than the D3100. Never have I felt ashamed about using it.

What I am ashamed of, now that I'm thinking about it, is how long it's been since I put film into my Hassy 500C and my Wista 4x5. I'm ashamed because those beautiful cameras are being wasted when not being used.

WM

skene

Yeah... so today after many months of darkness I decided on pulling out my D3100... Forgot how light and small the camera is. Put on my 70-200 F2.8 and it's almost unmanageable considering how nose heavy the camera is currently. But I still feel it is a great small carry around dslr and still would have no problems using it as a walk around camera. Pair it with a simple 35mm 1.8G and you have a golden combination in my book.

J-see

I have the D3300 which basically is the D3100 wearing a new sweater but I can't say I feel any different when carrying than when I drag the D750 along.

Worrying what others think should be reserved exclusively for those at the other side of the lens.

Last edited:

Kultfunk

2225241_700b.jpg

BobB

This is my first DSLR camera and no, I'm not embarrassed to be seen toting it around. As a matter of fact, I feel pretty proud to be seen with a quality NIKON product. I hope to have the D3100 for a long time regardless what I move up to in the future. It's like you first true love, you never forget her.

Zeke_M

Full disclosure. I retired my D3100 three weeks ago in favor of a D7100.

Ashamed? No. Great beginners camera.
Most people don't know the difference between a D3100 and a D4 unless their camera people.

Frustrated? Oh yes!
I got frustrated with the D3100 three years into ownership. I think the auto-focus was getting a bit off and I really wanted the in-body motor.
The fuzz in my picture got bad enough that tweaking the sharpness in PP wasn't good enough. Lens choice didn't matter.
Had to wait two more years until I could upgrade to a better camera.

D3100 is off to get cleaned, refreshed and repaired. I'll use it as a back-up or a glorified PnS.

southaussieoutdoors

No way and a great combo with 18-55 kit lens.
Great for learning and may upgrade one day once I think the camera is holding me back.
Plenty more to skills to learn first.
One I took the other day.

Attachments

• 82 - Copy.JPG
    82 - Copy.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 161